GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any fans of..Jimi Hendrix?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Check out play.com - they've got a 6 CD boxset of live and experimental (it all was, baby) tracks for £9.99! Mine's on the way, as well as a Del tha Funky Homosapien album.
Tue 21/09/04 at 18:56
Regular
If he didn't die so young he would have gotten EVEN better than that! Did you know he's still winning awards in London? I didn't believe it either, but there you go!
Sat 17/07/04 at 18:01
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
monkey_man wrote:
> There's a difference between playing fast and playing good. Paul
> Gilbert covers them both.

Steve Vai and Joe Satriani also. Hendrix did 'playing good' extremely well, but he wasnt incredibly fast, i must admit. Busted however are neither good nor fast, in fact they suck considerably :D
Fri 16/07/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There's a difference between playing fast and playing good. Paul Gilbert covers them both.
Fri 16/07/04 at 17:41
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> Tomoose wrote:
> "Cross Town Traffic"
>
> Always been my favourite...

Mine's Voodoo Chile, first Hendrix song i heard/learnt to play. It was on the advert for the Renault Megane about 8 years ago, and it is so sad that i remember that.......
Fri 16/07/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Tomoose wrote:
> "Cross Town Traffic"

Always been my favourite...
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:43
Regular
"the burning sky"
"Cross Town Traffic"
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:37
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
He was indeed one of the greatest guitarists the world has ever seen. Not exactly Steve Vai stylee speed, but stil bloody fast. Its not just his speed, more his influence on guitar playing and his unique style in general.
Tue 13/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I haven't heard much of his music, but afterr listening to "Purple Haze", I noticed why he is often referred to as 'The Man'. Frickin' genius! Shame that he died young, but his music has a huge legacy, and with 6 CDs of liveness, it's easy to say he was a huge live draw with all the improvised solos.
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ooh, I'll have to dig out a tenner for this.
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:37
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Got it, good boxset. I have LOADS of Hendrix stuff, used to be a massive fan of his. I'm in to metal now, but he's still a huge influence on my guitar playing so i usually play blues-influenced heavy-metal, sounds good i tell thee.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.