GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuttery lag thing in CS."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Sat 12/02/05 at 20:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Anyone else been experiencing this?

Azul and I have been suffering from it today.
When you're walking in a straight line, the game sort of pauses for a split second and everything judders, then you just continue on. It's been happening quite frequently today.

I haven't changed anything since the last time I played (yesterday) and everything was fine then...
Sun 13/02/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Sometimes they're just purple.
Sun 13/02/05 at 00:04
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've only ever encountered it when there have been laggy players on the server.
Sat 12/02/05 at 23:53
Regular
Yeah I get it sometimes too.
Sat 12/02/05 at 22:19
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well, I created my own server to play some bots and it was fine, so it's definitely not a game issue for me, and my ping etc is fine, so that isn't the problem. It's definitely server side, though not all the servers I suffered it on had laggy players...
Sat 12/02/05 at 22:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Chr1s wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> No s*s**t sherlock.
>
> Nobody seems to have said anything about s**t yet so s**t's possible that
> they didn't know.

Seeing as someone has the same issue on Half Life 2 offline, s**t's more likely a graphics issue - a bug or something. I've had the same issue on my version.
Sat 12/02/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Haven't had this problem merm been on for a few hours today, just sounds like lag but if you've got your net graph up and it's not high, probably is some lagger on the server.
Sat 12/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Cycloon wrote:
> No s*s**t sherlock.

Nobody seems to have said anything about s**t yet so s**t's possible that they didn't know.
Sat 12/02/05 at 21:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No s*s**t sherlock.
Sat 12/02/05 at 21:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
This is usually due to someone on the server using a slower connection.
Sat 12/02/05 at 20:54
Regular
What happens for me quite a lot, is that I will go along, and this happens every single time i play and after every like 5 minutes or something, and that is that I'll be playing either running or shooting and the game freezes for 10 seconds or something and then turns back, (on Half life 2 and on CS:S)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.