GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rubbish games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/04/01 at 18:40
Regular
I am puzzled. Good games sell. And bad games don't. So, why the hell do developers and publishers release games that are just not up to scratch? Surely they must know that their game is pants, but they release it anyway knowing full well that it won't sell very many copies. I cannot understand why games publishers would WANT to lose money on a poor games when they could easily make money on high quality games if only they kept working on them for a few more months. For example, RC Revenge Pro. This sort of game has so much potential, but is not fulfilled because it was rushed out just like nearly every other game (PS2 and other consoles). If only developers spent a little more time developing the games then they would be able to make a lot more money. GT3 A-Spec would not have sold very many copies if it had been released at launch. After the initial rush to buy it because of it's name, nobody would buy it after they had read the reviews because it wouldn't have offered gamers anything new. Now that it has been delayed by seven months, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec will be one of the best games ever made because of the extra development time spent on it by Polyphony.
What I'm trying to say is that game developers should spend more time on makeing their games great than just producing p*ss poor, unfinished and rushed games - that noone will buy anyway.
Sat 28/04/01 at 22:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The only game I know of for PS2 would be SOM but you said thats not it, so it must be a crap game that they dont send to magazines as they no they will get very low scores.
Sat 28/04/01 at 19:11
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Didn't you see what it was called??????
Sat 28/04/01 at 19:09
Regular
No, rubbish. I still don`t even know what its about. Its probably one of those games that got 7% in PSM2 or something so I never noticed it before.
Sat 28/04/01 at 19:04
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Did it look any good.
Sat 28/04/01 at 19:02
Regular
No. It was a different thing. I`ve never seen it in mags or other shops, just Game.
Sat 28/04/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Are you talking about Shadow Of Memories as that includes Time Travel?
Sat 28/04/01 at 11:53
Regular
I saw some sort of timetravelling game for PS2 in Game. Is this an actual game?
I was afraid to pick it up in case someone saw me!
Fri 27/04/01 at 13:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Go rent K1 Arena Fighters

*holds nose and waves hands*

Boy that was a floater
Fri 27/04/01 at 13:29
Regular
Some of the earlier ones were alright!
Fri 27/04/01 at 09:58
Regular
FIFA games. These are very poor but sell by the bucket load. Why? must just be the licence. Games need to be more than just "good" to sell. They need to give the buyer a good image.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.