GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newcastle in for Rooney..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 17:05
Regular
Yes, oh yes. Newcastle have joined the chase for Rooney with a £30 million bid. Just heard it on Newcastle World TV. Dyer looks like he could be heading to either Arsenal or Chelsea for a fee of around £15 million which will enable Newcastle with their combined un-spent Champions League money and the sale of Dyer to take Rooney to St. James on a 5 year deal.

Beattie will be signing for us within the next 48 hours but this...

Well, it was on a news flash but I was still completely shocked. I remember when everyone said we couldn't afford Shearer for £15 million but we did and what a pay off he has been over the years. It's a massive shock to me considering that Milner, Miguel, Carrick and Beattie were the only rumoured players headed for Tyne Side, 2 of those are tied up but now with the possibility of Rooney...

Will be a shame to see Dyer go despite not having an amazing season he has still been there counter attacking at pace and basically throwing himself all over the park. The Dyer transfer hasn't been confirmed officially but to top the reports over the last few seasons of a move to Chelsea someone within the club has spoken of a sale.

The Rooney interest however has been confirmed by the board as a confirmed bid...

The tour of the Far East starts on Wednesday for us so who knows what will happen in the next few days.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:05
Regular
Yes, oh yes. Newcastle have joined the chase for Rooney with a £30 million bid. Just heard it on Newcastle World TV. Dyer looks like he could be heading to either Arsenal or Chelsea for a fee of around £15 million which will enable Newcastle with their combined un-spent Champions League money and the sale of Dyer to take Rooney to St. James on a 5 year deal.

Beattie will be signing for us within the next 48 hours but this...

Well, it was on a news flash but I was still completely shocked. I remember when everyone said we couldn't afford Shearer for £15 million but we did and what a pay off he has been over the years. It's a massive shock to me considering that Milner, Miguel, Carrick and Beattie were the only rumoured players headed for Tyne Side, 2 of those are tied up but now with the possibility of Rooney...

Will be a shame to see Dyer go despite not having an amazing season he has still been there counter attacking at pace and basically throwing himself all over the park. The Dyer transfer hasn't been confirmed officially but to top the reports over the last few seasons of a move to Chelsea someone within the club has spoken of a sale.

The Rooney interest however has been confirmed by the board as a confirmed bid...

The tour of the Far East starts on Wednesday for us so who knows what will happen in the next few days.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Green & White Army"
More chance of Crystal Palace winning the Premiership next season.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Don't think you'll get Rooney.

You'll sign Beattie and I also think you'll get Kluivert instead. It'll be intersting if you did sign Rooney to see what his performances would be like.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:12
Regular
Don't see why not, we got Shearer against the odds, yes he wanted to come back to Tyne Side but at the time we went into the negative to get Shearer.

Newcastle World TV don't report random rumours, there has been serious interest in Rooney by all accounts.

As for the other retard, anything football related would probably go way over his head.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:17
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Ooh... Rooney and Shearer up front. Scary thought. If only Shearer would come back to England, we could have that partnership too! :@
Sun 11/07/04 at 18:30
Regular
Everton are wanting £40 mil for Rooney.

Man Utd are offering £20 mil, and Real Madrid are "prepared to go higher", so Newcastle's £30 mil bid may have a good chance.

I doubt he'll stay at Everton.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Big difference between Rooney and Shearer though seeing as Shearer was a toon fan and wanted to play for them, i doubt Rooney will be as excited to want to join the Magpies. I still think unless he does sign a new contract he'll just wait out his exisiting one and then come to Old Trafford, or United will get him in the January transfer window for around 20 Mil.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:01
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Big difference between Rooney and Shearer though seeing as Shearer was
> a toon fan and wanted to play for them

First thing I said. It was still a shock when Shearer signed though due to the financial situation so I do believe some sort of financial package has been put together and as I said Newxastle World TV don't report rumours.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
The amounts of money being offered for Rooney truly are ludicrous.
40 mil? What the hell?
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:27
Regular
Where did we get 15 million from for Dyer? And 30 million for Rooney?! Are you kidding, is the magical pixie fairy at work?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.