GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unknown bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/07/04 at 14:28
"Metal Head"
I was wanting to know if anyone here has heard of the band Gwar. I saw these guys on a short programe on Extreme Tv and I was impressed. I want to know if they have released a Cd or anything.

Are there any other Unknown bands that you would like to mension.
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:28
"Metal Head"
I was wanting to know if anyone here has heard of the band Gwar. I saw these guys on a short programe on Extreme Tv and I was impressed. I want to know if they have released a Cd or anything.

Are there any other Unknown bands that you would like to mension.
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
GWAR, the ones that wear masks? If so, yeah I've heard of them. If not then I'm thinking of someone else.
They've been around for a while, I'm sure they have a bunch of albums out.
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Insert Gently"
ive heard of them...they've even been on T4 talking to Vernon Kay
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:43
"Metal Head"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> GWAR, the ones that wear masks? If so, yeah I've heard of them. If not
> then I'm thinking of someone else.
> They've been around for a while, I'm sure they have a bunch of albums
> out.

Yeah they craete there own stuff, Magz and stuff. And there masks are Huge,masive, but SWEEET.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
GWAR are basically a band who dress incredibly strangely, kind of a cross between Slipknot and the X-Men, just for the sheer hell of it. It's a huge gimmick, but they were allegedly a big influence on Rammstein musically.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:12
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
KISS also dress really strange, and they paint their faces white, its really weird.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Kiss weren't that weird image-wise, they were really doing nothing more than putting on a show. If you want to see images of freaky bands, look for Mudvayne, Beserker, Mushroomhead and of course, Slipknot.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:19
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
I've seen slipknot, yes they are weird too.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Add Cradle of Filth and Decapitated to the list.

And as for unknown bands, anyone ever heard of Mesh STL? Biggles told me about them.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Really good unknown bands?

Praying Mantis- Formed in the late 1970s by Chris and Tino Troy, they re-emerged in the early 90s with Dennis Stratton (ex-Iron Maiden) on lead guitar. They made some very good stuff recently; I reccomend that you download "Silent War" and "If Tomorrow Never Comes", both of which are from their most recent album "The Journey Goes On".

Full System Purge- Now split up, but they were possibly one of the best industrial rock bands to emerge in the last few years. When the site still existed in its previous form, they were rarely far from MP3.com's top 40.

And has anyone here heard of White Spirit, Quartz, Elixir or Samson? I really want to find out what they sound like, yet I can't find anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.