GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spellforce...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spellforce : The Order of Dawn'.
Wed 15/11/06 at 16:13
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I bought this game yesterday (It was only 5 euro) nad I checked all the requirments for my computer, check. I thought everything was okay, I installed it, restarted my computer etc., and then when I clicked on the shortcut all that I see is a black screen, nothing on it. I left it ofr about 15 minutes, to see if it would load or whatever, and when ic ame back it was the same. Then I tried to get out of it and my computer froze.
You're all smart chaps here, what could be wrong?
Sat 18/11/06 at 12:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
http://www.spellforce.com/?rid=865&lang=en
Which one you need depends on which version you have. Assuming it's not already the latest one. You should be able to find out by looking through your readme file.

As for your graphics card you can find out what it is by, well, I don't have a Windows box handy but something like right click on the desktop -> properties.. to get you into the display properties, then it'll be under some advanced tab.. uh, that's not too helpful but have a look around in there and the name of your graphics card should be in there somewhere.
Sat 18/11/06 at 11:34
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I think I have the wrong patch. It keeps on saying install "Spellforce, shadow of the phoenix". I have "The order of dawn".
I don't have a clue about graphic cards either, and my brother is too lazy to help me.:S
Thu 16/11/06 at 22:03
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Scary Snake wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Also download Spybot Search And Destroy (google it) and run a
> scan on that to get rid of any nasties which can sometimes
> interfere.
> Wouldn't Norton anti virus b better than bothering to download
> that?

Well for the purposes of this thread, possibly; they do slightly different things. But you should have that too.

I don't know how I missed the patch :\

Okay, patching it should be your first priority. If still no luck, then update your graphics card drivers.
Thu 16/11/06 at 21:07
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Also download Spybot Search And Destroy (google it) and run a
> scan on that to get rid of any nasties which can sometimes
> interfere.
Wouldn't Norton anti virus b better than bothering to download that?
Thu 16/11/06 at 21:06
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Hedfix wrote:
> Here's the patch:
> [URL]http://www.nidderdale.n-yorks.sch.uk/newsletter_autumn_2005/pudsy.jpg[/URL]
>
Made me laugh out loud.:D (Once again, I will not type "LOL")
Thu 16/11/06 at 20:43
Regular
"8==="
I think you'll find that my patch was the definitive version. ;)
Thu 16/11/06 at 20:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Spellforce was patched many times. The official page is here

The download links dont seem to work at the moment though.

If they still dont work try this...

3dgamers spellforce downloads

You'll want to download spellforce_patch_v152a.exe I'd imagine as I assume you've just got spellforce without any of the expansions.
Thu 16/11/06 at 19:29
Regular
"8==="
Here's the patch: [URL]http://www.nidderdale.n-yorks.sch.uk/newsletter_autumn_2005/pudsy.jpg[/URL]

*cough*
Thu 16/11/06 at 19:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
A patch is something released after the game to update it, fix bugs and sometimes offering new content. Primarily to fix bugs though.

But a quick look over the Spellforce site seems to be coming up negative on the patch front. What you really need to do is find out what graphics card you have and update its drivers. Also couldn't hurt to get the latest DirectX if you don't already.

Also download Spybot Search And Destroy (google it) and run a scan on that to get rid of any nasties which can sometimes interfere.
Thu 16/11/06 at 16:20
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Patch? Whats that? Sorry if i'm a bit dumb with this but I don't know much about these games, haven't bought/played one since theme hospital.:S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.