GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advertising space..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/07/04 at 20:04
Regular
Not hot up on this particular area. If someone wanted to a advertise something on a business site, what sort of a payment would I be looking at? Go from the little end of the spectrum through to the big end taking all things into consideration. I don't want people throwing stupid guesses in, I am looking for a reply from someone who knows what they are talking about, was looking at Tyla mainly.

Cheers!
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:04
Regular
Not hot up on this particular area. If someone wanted to a advertise something on a business site, what sort of a payment would I be looking at? Go from the little end of the spectrum through to the big end taking all things into consideration. I don't want people throwing stupid guesses in, I am looking for a reply from someone who knows what they are talking about, was looking at Tyla mainly.

Cheers!
Fri 09/07/04 at 02:48
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
it depends what site, if its a low budget site..probably 300 if its a big site you looking at thousands
Fri 09/07/04 at 08:14
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Are you looking at getting people to advertise on your site for money? If so, don't bother, you won't get any interest.

If you're looking to advertise on other sites for yourself, it can vary. Google Adwords will randomly place text ads on thousands of sites and you pay about 4p per click depending on how sought over that search term it.

Special Reserve do their own advertising scheme too, pennyclick.co.uk

£4 for 1,000 impressions is quite steep however as that will last no time at all.

You may be able to contact the sales departments of other businesses to work something out too, but all sites have different rates due to interest. A space on the front page of Wanadoo will cost more than somone's site on Geocities...
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's always the way that you start a website up hoping to make money from advertising, but it just isn't realistic. Any money earnt is proportional to the size of the operation.
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
There is NO MONEY in online advertising. It doesn't work and just annoys the user. Various studies have proven that online advertising doesn't have much effect and that click through's don't generate revenue. Perosnally I wouldn't bother.
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Last few days for me:

41,000 banner impressions, 75 clicks...

If that doesn't sum up your theory, nothing will!
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
And pop up ads are an equal waste of time, especially once Windows SP2 goes public release because it has a built in pop up blocker set to on by default...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.