GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Language Project"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/07/04 at 21:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
For A level English Language we're meant to write some sort of niche language study on a very small specific aspect of the English language. This can include language aqusition in children (I have no children as test subjects), or the language of sport (Motson would drive me mad), so I need some similar suggestions, though with a perhaps less stereotyped subject areas.

I've been thinking about either analysing the language of text messages compared to other forms of digital communication (emails, message boards, etc), or the development of the word gay and how its connotation had changed over time, though I am entirely open to suggestions.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
For A level English Language we're meant to write some sort of niche language study on a very small specific aspect of the English language. This can include language aqusition in children (I have no children as test subjects), or the language of sport (Motson would drive me mad), so I need some similar suggestions, though with a perhaps less stereotyped subject areas.

I've been thinking about either analysing the language of text messages compared to other forms of digital communication (emails, message boards, etc), or the development of the word gay and how its connotation had changed over time, though I am entirely open to suggestions.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:49
"slightlyshortertagl"
Do text messages, then write the whole thing in mong speak (text talk)
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
As a note, we were told about starting this today, and the examiners report from last year recommended against anything about text messaging as it's been done to death recently.

That said, I'm totally screwed too.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:15
Regular
And quite obviously drunk, you fool
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Oh shut up, I've already gone back to correct 3 typos. In a post about English Language A Level. God, I really am screwed.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:22
Regular
Nah, you just need a starting point.

You could study the Bushisms, words he's invented, language structure. I've got a book somewhere.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:28
"possibly impossible"
How about:

How Gangsta Speak gets from Africa and other sources into Modern English.

The history of the Apostrophe.

Telling Stories – How the Internet has broadened the art of Story Telling.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:37
"period drama"
I'm in the exact same boat, Kyz.
Although haven't though about it yet.

Summer comes first, pointless gay mini-studies come second.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:41
"possibly impossible"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> pointless gay mini-studies come second.

So you're going to be covering the language of the hairdresser, then?
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:44
Regular
Brevity - an in depth study.

That was lame. *Kicks self in face*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.