GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming programmes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/07/04 at 20:42
Regular
"~DPG~"
Am i the only one who would love a video games programme. (to be good?) I have seen few of them over the years and i just want to make an announcement to the main five terestrial T.V channels: MAKE A GAMING SHOW!

I'm sure some of you watch cybernet on ITV in the early hours of the morning, or stay up late to watch Gamesville on Sky One, but this isn't enough. Inappropriate times, slightly boring news and reviews you already knew, dated games and good scores for bad games, you know the rest...

I personnally, go on the teletext 'games pages' to read my information, which i pass on to mates on our 'gaming chat sessions' because buying magazines now-a-days is becomming a rip-off.

I went into my local newsagent, only to find that the cheapest games magazines were ranging from around £2.99 to £6.99. I was astounded. In a magazine, they can show some glorious screenshots of games we can only dream and dribble over, e.g Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and GTA: San Andreas, to name but a few.

I would pay £3 but, kids who love gaming would have to shell out all of their pocket money that has taken weeks to collect, just to buy what is basically a gaming newspaper.

In other words gaming information comes at a price, whereas sitting in front of your t.v, munching a packet of crisps listening and watching a good gaming programme wouldn't be such a good idea, would it?

(Thanks for reading)
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
mattributé wrote:
> Gamezville is usually on at midday, or was when it started?
>
> What we all need is for the genius that was Gamesmaster to come back,
> on a grandé scale.

Challenge TV have recently stated that they have no plans to screen the further series of gamesmaster :(
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Anyone who's seen Gamesmaster agrees that it is, indeed, the top of its genre, as a games programme.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:57
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
mattributé wrote:
> Gamezville is usually on at midday, or was when it started?
>
> What we all need is for the genius that was Gamesmaster to come back,
> on a grandé scale.

I agree. I saw Gamesmaster in it's last year on Channel 4, and it was an excellent show (even though some might say the last series was the worst).

It's a shame now all we have is either "Gamezville" (with's it's "Whoppingly" biased reviews and probably the biggest freak in the universe, that is the dreaded Guru) or the very out of date "Gamepad" series on Bravo.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cybernet used to be good when it was on at 7.30pm on Sci Fi and had the female presenter. Now they've got that annoying guy doing it and it's on during the middle of the night it's rubbish.

Gamezville is about as entertaining as watching paint dry but 10 times as annoying

Gamepad was reviewing Pong and calling the graphics state of the art last time i checked :-D

Bring back the god that is DD and Gamesmaster!!!
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Gamezville is usually on at midday, or was when it started?

What we all need is for the genius that was Gamesmaster to come back, on a grandé scale.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:42
Regular
"~DPG~"
Am i the only one who would love a video games programme. (to be good?) I have seen few of them over the years and i just want to make an announcement to the main five terestrial T.V channels: MAKE A GAMING SHOW!

I'm sure some of you watch cybernet on ITV in the early hours of the morning, or stay up late to watch Gamesville on Sky One, but this isn't enough. Inappropriate times, slightly boring news and reviews you already knew, dated games and good scores for bad games, you know the rest...

I personnally, go on the teletext 'games pages' to read my information, which i pass on to mates on our 'gaming chat sessions' because buying magazines now-a-days is becomming a rip-off.

I went into my local newsagent, only to find that the cheapest games magazines were ranging from around £2.99 to £6.99. I was astounded. In a magazine, they can show some glorious screenshots of games we can only dream and dribble over, e.g Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and GTA: San Andreas, to name but a few.

I would pay £3 but, kids who love gaming would have to shell out all of their pocket money that has taken weeks to collect, just to buy what is basically a gaming newspaper.

In other words gaming information comes at a price, whereas sitting in front of your t.v, munching a packet of crisps listening and watching a good gaming programme wouldn't be such a good idea, would it?

(Thanks for reading)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.