GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantasy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/07/04 at 21:08
Regular
"a.k.a King"
I ran along the dusty path leading into the fields. The golden sun, pinned to the sky, beamed down upon me, warming the earth with its rays. The vast, immense sky seemed to peacefully smile, wearing its blue coat proud. The colossal, green fields lay in harmony, bordered with rows of smiling flowers, as the towering mountains in the distance lay still. The wind wafted gently, as an element of peace was present in the warm, moist air. It was a picture-perfect setting.

I slowly rambled along the cobbled, dusty path. There was a warm breeze, brushing against my skin and I continued along the path. The air was filled with a relaxing atmosphere, as time slowly drifted by. As I reached the top of the path, I caught a glimpse of a shadowed patch in the distance. I stared, and made out an outline of a forest. It was surrounded in a broad wall of towering, fawn oaks, protecting the forest like a pack of wolves defending their young. A sudden rush of excitement shot through my spine, like a bullet, fired from a pistol.

I began to make our way across the vast fields. The forest slowly got closer, as I trekked through the long grasses, bleached a bright green. As we got closer, I began to feel a slight sense of nervousness in the air. However, I wasn’t going to stop now. Eventually, I reached the gateway into the forest. I looked up, and gasped. The huge, broad trees towered into the sky like skyscrapers, wrapped in cloaks of fawn bark. Their boughs, huge and broad, seemed to glare down upon me. I took a few steps forward, and entered into the forest.

The forest was dark and creepy, as an uncertain atmosphere wafted through the cold, damp air as I made our way along the forest floor, embedded in a quilt of crispy, dying leaves.

I continued into the forest. The towering, crippled trees seemed to snarl at me, their arthritic finger-like boughs seemed to attempt to reach down and grab me. An eerie silence drifted through the forest, as the wilted, pale flowers hung low, their petals scarred with death and stems chocking. I began to feel more and more nervous as I adventured further into the forest. I felt I was trapped inside, under a dark canopy of brown leaves. Suddenly, in the distance I spotted a gushing stream with a wooded bridge arched over it.

I made our way towards the bridge. As I arrived, I felt slightly worried. The bridge looked unstable, its wooden structure rotting slowly as pieces of wood had snapped and fallen off. Nervous thoughts began to drift gently through my mind. But I was determined to venture on. I took a deep breath, and started to walk across the unstable planks upon the structure. I reached to the halfway point of the bridge, and then it happened…

I stepped on a wet plank of wood and I slipped off the bridge and plunged into the murky depths of the stream. I hit the water, and the freezing depths pierced my skin as I fell under. I re-emerged to the surface, panicking wildly.

‘Help!’ I screamed, my voice destroying the silence of the forest, but there was no reply. I screamed franticly, as the gushing stream began to carry me along. The ice-cold, misty water seemed to crush against me, injecting their icy elements into my aching body. I struggled against the strong currents, as I began to get dragged underwater, like a huge pair of hands clasping me and pulling me under. My heart thumped against my chest, like a wild, trapped beast trying to escape from its cage. My mind was chocking in thoughts of panic and terror, as they darted through my throbbing head. I began to haul myself towards the banking, using any energy I had left in my startled body. I managed to grip the edge of the banking, and I screamed in pain as hauled myself up. I lay motionless upon the banking, my legs still submerged in the chilling waters of the stream. I slowly lifted my head, my vision was blurred. My mind was filled of thoughts of confusion and pain. I lowered my head, and everything went black....

I was lying on a beach. The sky was tinted violet, and the sand dunes were golden brown. The small waves of the sea, bleached with crystal blue, lapped gently onto the beach front. A calm atmosphere filled the warm air, and a gentle breeze wafted slowly, brushing my skin and making me shiver. Everything was so peaceful and quiet. The occasional seagull’s cry pierced through the silence that filled the air. The palm leaves swayed gently, and the sun beamed down on the unreal paradise that I found myself in.

Then, I saw her. In the distance, I could see her walk toward me. She was beautiful. Her long, golden hair glistened in the sun’s rays, as she elegantly, like a stallion, walked toward me. Her eyes, gleaming like diamonds, seemed to look straight through me, piercing through my body. She tossed her hair back and forth in the gentle breeze, and I could her faintly crying out in the distance. She was calling me; she wanted me to follow her. I slowly stood to my feet, and I began to run across the sun-drenched sands.

But then, to my utter surprise and horror, she turned around, and started walking the other way. I called out to her, screamed at her to stop; but she kept going. My aching feet pounded the light, soft sands which seemed to drag me under as I followed this girl. The sun’s heat beat down upon me, draining my body of energy, but I kept running. But no matter how fast I run, she never seemed to get any closer. The breeze now became a strong, broad winter wind as it wrapped around me, stabbing through my skin and plunging its cold fingers deep into my soul; but I kept running.

Then, the beautiful lass I had been following, so swift and gentle; she fell to the ground. I ran toward her body, lying motionless on the golden sands. Thoughts of fear, hatred, and pain all flooded back to me, swirling vigorously around my perplexed mind. I kept running, not knowing what to expect. I felt weak, drowning in sorrow and pain. I began to shiver violently, as I stumbled toward the girl. She was laying face down, not a sight of motion. I fell to the ground, my body throbbed in unbearable pain, my mind chocking in fear as I gathered enough energy to reach out and touch her. As my trembling fingers slowly stroked the surface of her skin, I felt nothing. No warmth, no pleasure, as her body slowly vanished into the swirling winds that encircled us.

I lay still, confused and throbbing in pain. My whole body felt lifeless, as the beautiful paradise setting I lay upon slowly circled around me, as an eye-piercing bright light tore its way through the sands, tearing through my body like a sharpened spear. I slowly began to rise. I felt nothing as the bright light guided me away from the beach, into the distance, far away from all my troubles, my fears, my pain, my sorrow and beyond....
Mon 05/07/04 at 21:56
Regular
"a.k.a King"
I have returned
Mon 05/07/04 at 21:08
Regular
"a.k.a King"
I ran along the dusty path leading into the fields. The golden sun, pinned to the sky, beamed down upon me, warming the earth with its rays. The vast, immense sky seemed to peacefully smile, wearing its blue coat proud. The colossal, green fields lay in harmony, bordered with rows of smiling flowers, as the towering mountains in the distance lay still. The wind wafted gently, as an element of peace was present in the warm, moist air. It was a picture-perfect setting.

I slowly rambled along the cobbled, dusty path. There was a warm breeze, brushing against my skin and I continued along the path. The air was filled with a relaxing atmosphere, as time slowly drifted by. As I reached the top of the path, I caught a glimpse of a shadowed patch in the distance. I stared, and made out an outline of a forest. It was surrounded in a broad wall of towering, fawn oaks, protecting the forest like a pack of wolves defending their young. A sudden rush of excitement shot through my spine, like a bullet, fired from a pistol.

I began to make our way across the vast fields. The forest slowly got closer, as I trekked through the long grasses, bleached a bright green. As we got closer, I began to feel a slight sense of nervousness in the air. However, I wasn’t going to stop now. Eventually, I reached the gateway into the forest. I looked up, and gasped. The huge, broad trees towered into the sky like skyscrapers, wrapped in cloaks of fawn bark. Their boughs, huge and broad, seemed to glare down upon me. I took a few steps forward, and entered into the forest.

The forest was dark and creepy, as an uncertain atmosphere wafted through the cold, damp air as I made our way along the forest floor, embedded in a quilt of crispy, dying leaves.

I continued into the forest. The towering, crippled trees seemed to snarl at me, their arthritic finger-like boughs seemed to attempt to reach down and grab me. An eerie silence drifted through the forest, as the wilted, pale flowers hung low, their petals scarred with death and stems chocking. I began to feel more and more nervous as I adventured further into the forest. I felt I was trapped inside, under a dark canopy of brown leaves. Suddenly, in the distance I spotted a gushing stream with a wooded bridge arched over it.

I made our way towards the bridge. As I arrived, I felt slightly worried. The bridge looked unstable, its wooden structure rotting slowly as pieces of wood had snapped and fallen off. Nervous thoughts began to drift gently through my mind. But I was determined to venture on. I took a deep breath, and started to walk across the unstable planks upon the structure. I reached to the halfway point of the bridge, and then it happened…

I stepped on a wet plank of wood and I slipped off the bridge and plunged into the murky depths of the stream. I hit the water, and the freezing depths pierced my skin as I fell under. I re-emerged to the surface, panicking wildly.

‘Help!’ I screamed, my voice destroying the silence of the forest, but there was no reply. I screamed franticly, as the gushing stream began to carry me along. The ice-cold, misty water seemed to crush against me, injecting their icy elements into my aching body. I struggled against the strong currents, as I began to get dragged underwater, like a huge pair of hands clasping me and pulling me under. My heart thumped against my chest, like a wild, trapped beast trying to escape from its cage. My mind was chocking in thoughts of panic and terror, as they darted through my throbbing head. I began to haul myself towards the banking, using any energy I had left in my startled body. I managed to grip the edge of the banking, and I screamed in pain as hauled myself up. I lay motionless upon the banking, my legs still submerged in the chilling waters of the stream. I slowly lifted my head, my vision was blurred. My mind was filled of thoughts of confusion and pain. I lowered my head, and everything went black....

I was lying on a beach. The sky was tinted violet, and the sand dunes were golden brown. The small waves of the sea, bleached with crystal blue, lapped gently onto the beach front. A calm atmosphere filled the warm air, and a gentle breeze wafted slowly, brushing my skin and making me shiver. Everything was so peaceful and quiet. The occasional seagull’s cry pierced through the silence that filled the air. The palm leaves swayed gently, and the sun beamed down on the unreal paradise that I found myself in.

Then, I saw her. In the distance, I could see her walk toward me. She was beautiful. Her long, golden hair glistened in the sun’s rays, as she elegantly, like a stallion, walked toward me. Her eyes, gleaming like diamonds, seemed to look straight through me, piercing through my body. She tossed her hair back and forth in the gentle breeze, and I could her faintly crying out in the distance. She was calling me; she wanted me to follow her. I slowly stood to my feet, and I began to run across the sun-drenched sands.

But then, to my utter surprise and horror, she turned around, and started walking the other way. I called out to her, screamed at her to stop; but she kept going. My aching feet pounded the light, soft sands which seemed to drag me under as I followed this girl. The sun’s heat beat down upon me, draining my body of energy, but I kept running. But no matter how fast I run, she never seemed to get any closer. The breeze now became a strong, broad winter wind as it wrapped around me, stabbing through my skin and plunging its cold fingers deep into my soul; but I kept running.

Then, the beautiful lass I had been following, so swift and gentle; she fell to the ground. I ran toward her body, lying motionless on the golden sands. Thoughts of fear, hatred, and pain all flooded back to me, swirling vigorously around my perplexed mind. I kept running, not knowing what to expect. I felt weak, drowning in sorrow and pain. I began to shiver violently, as I stumbled toward the girl. She was laying face down, not a sight of motion. I fell to the ground, my body throbbed in unbearable pain, my mind chocking in fear as I gathered enough energy to reach out and touch her. As my trembling fingers slowly stroked the surface of her skin, I felt nothing. No warmth, no pleasure, as her body slowly vanished into the swirling winds that encircled us.

I lay still, confused and throbbing in pain. My whole body felt lifeless, as the beautiful paradise setting I lay upon slowly circled around me, as an eye-piercing bright light tore its way through the sands, tearing through my body like a sharpened spear. I slowly began to rise. I felt nothing as the bright light guided me away from the beach, into the distance, far away from all my troubles, my fears, my pain, my sorrow and beyond....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.