GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old skool WWF question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/07/04 at 17:47
Regular
Does anyone know if the dvd release of Royal Rumble '89 and '90 contains the original commentary? Jesse Ventura was the guvnor back then and i'm worried they might have re-dubbed it with Jim Ross going on about another "slobberknocker" or some equally cliched line that he comes out with!
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:47
Regular
Does anyone know if the dvd release of Royal Rumble '89 and '90 contains the original commentary? Jesse Ventura was the guvnor back then and i'm worried they might have re-dubbed it with Jim Ross going on about another "slobberknocker" or some equally cliched line that he comes out with!
Mon 05/07/04 at 20:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i HIGHLY doubt they'd redub it mate.

it'd totally ruin it and wrestling fans are notoriously pedentic (and a bunch of moaners ;) ) and there'd be such backlash from it...
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:22
Regular
"..."
I've watched the 'Tagged Classics' Wrestlemania 1-4 and the commentary on those is the original commentary. Hope that helps.
Tue 06/07/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
The commentry was kinda dull compared to these days. However if you had modern commentators it wouldnt seem right
Tue 06/07/04 at 20:10
Regular
Nah the old commentary was better by far i reckon! It had alot more bite to it and it was about the match and the moves you were watching. Plus there was alot more interplay between the two contrasting personalities be it Vince McMahon and Jesse "the body" Ventura or Gorilla Monsson and Bobby Heenan.

Nowadays you'll notice that they spend alot of their time just talking about a match thats coming up or a pay per view event they're plugging. Its boring frankly. And dont even get me started on Jim "You've heard it all before" Ross or Michael "bland" Cole!!!!
Tue 06/07/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I would definately buy the tagged classics.. They are pure class
Tue 06/07/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Any commentary without JR, The King shouting Puppies every 2 seconds and Micheal Cole banging on about how we'll only see this on Smackdown is a major plus for me.
Tue 06/07/04 at 21:19
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Any commentary without JR, The King shouting Puppies every 2 seconds
> and Micheal Cole banging on about how we'll only see this on
> Smackdown is a major plus for me.

But Gorilla Monsoon has just as many clichés as JR...
Wed 07/07/04 at 13:22
Regular
"you've got a beard"
yeah, but he and Heenan had such great chemistry.

Disco Stu is spot on, there's just no fun in the commentary anymore, it's all plugging other stuff and half calling the match.
Wed 07/07/04 at 14:48
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> yeah, but he and Heenan had such great chemistry.
>
> Disco Stu is spot on, there's just no fun in the commentary anymore,
> it's all plugging other stuff and half calling the match.

Well hopefully when Jim Ross calls it a day, WWE will realise that The Coach is useless and be forced to hire Joey Styles...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.