GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should the BBC use adverts instead of license."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/07/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Don't let me down"
If the BBC decided to scrap the License and use advertising to pay for the running of programs etc. Would you be happy watching Eastenders with a break halfway through if it meant you didn't have to pay license fees?
Out of interest I would mind, and would rather pay that little extra for the quality of uninterupted TV. But it's your opinions which count so let your opinions be herd.
Mon 05/07/04 at 22:20
Regular
i am sure you can own an untuned television with out having to pay the licence fee. just for games and prerecorded stuff. It is just a monitor.
Mon 05/07/04 at 20:50
Regular
Even if you only watch videos or DVDs you must have a tv licence despite not watching a second of either the BBC or any other channel.

That I do not like. All the programs I use to like on the BBC are now gone and are repeated on UKGold or I own on DVD.

I would prefer to not pay for BBC channels and BBC radio channels that I will never watch or listen to. One day they'll stop the fee, hopefully in my life time.
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
> I don't watch TV, it's crap.

*cough*

Living TV?
Mon 05/07/04 at 13:47
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> I want a Bivan Brothers reality show.

Well there are eight of us Bivan Brothers, so it can be arranged.
Mon 05/07/04 at 13:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Light wrote:
> the sagacious one wrote:
> BBC 3: Monkey Dust. Worth the license fee alone. The rest, pants.
>
> Little Britain?

Hmmm, sometimes. The Tom Baker voice overs are usually really funny and the actual skits are hit and miss. There are a few too many camp characters for my liking, not because I am homophobic but it is too simple a form of comedy.
Mon 05/07/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
the sagacious one wrote:
> BBC 3: Monkey Dust. Worth the license fee alone. The rest, pants.

Little Britain?

BBC4 has it's moments; the docucomedy about Dali and the surrealist trial he underwent was corking. We should definitely keep the licence fee in my opinion. Giving advertisers more power in TV? Nuh-uh; look at what happened to Bill Hicks' last tv performance. It was excised from the Letterman show due to pressure from the advertisors. Not that the BBC are perfect by any means, but I'd rather have those bumbling idiot governors making decisions than a bunch of (^&*ing salesmen and marketeers.
Mon 05/07/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I want a Bivan Brothers reality show.
Mon 05/07/04 at 12:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
BBC 3: Monkey Dust. Worth the license fee alone. The rest, pants.

I wonder what I could commission on the BBC using my license fee (approx £100 isn't it?)? Maybe we should pool our fees and demand that we are allowed to make our own show.
Mon 05/07/04 at 11:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I haven't watched BBC constantly at any stage in my life, so it'd make little difference to me.

But the good thing about the license - MotD with no adverts.

Even if Leeds are in division one nowadays...
Mon 05/07/04 at 11:33
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Most of BBC programmes are awful...haven't watched Eastenders for ages either, only thing I watch on BBC is the footy and The Simpsons...Just left with footie now

Thank God for Sky

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.