GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What if you had to sell your PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/05 at 04:01
Regular
"Always the winner?"
OK, now that the PS3 is to be launched, there is not much time left for your PS2. The question is clear cut; would you prefer to sell your PS2, or keep it for "memories"?

And if you'll sell it; then for how much?
Fri 18/02/05 at 18:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I waited until I knew I was getting a good price before I bought the PS2. I think I got it 10 months after release or something like that. By then at least a few respectable games had been released as well.

Always buy Nintendo consoles on release, though, as you know you're getting at least a couple of great games.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:20
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I tend to just blunder in and get one as soon as their out. Bad idea really as the consoles are really expensive on release and the games are lame. When I got my PS2 way back in 2001, it cost £320 with Crazy Taxi and some other budget game. Didn't even get a memory card.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Buying a new console at launch is a bit silly anyway, unless you like
> being entertained by tech demos for several months. I always wait for
> the games before I splash out on a machine.

that's what i do as well, i wait at least a year after it's come out to see whether it's worth buying (and to see which one Nippon Ichi Software and Atlus will be bringing games to :-D)
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:12
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I could sell a PS2, I'd still have 2 more to keep me occupied :D

Buying a new console at launch is a bit silly anyway, unless you like being entertained by tech demos for several months. I always wait for the games before I splash out on a machine.
Fri 18/02/05 at 00:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Chr1s wrote:
> Selling a PS2 around the release date of the PS3 would be a waste of
> time because there would be practically nobody who would buy it

Wrong

> and it would sell for hardly any money.

Right

People buy last gen consoles for dirt cheap prices at release time. That's what I do anyway.
Fri 18/02/05 at 00:19
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Keep it.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm not bothered about selling my PS2.

The only reasons I still have it are the Pro Evolution Soccer series and the Grand Theft Auto series. And they can both now be found on other formats.

I've only still got it because I can't be bothered putting it up on eBay or something like that. Meh.
Thu 17/02/05 at 21:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Selling a PS2 around the release date of the PS3 would be a waste of time because there would be practically nobody who would buy it and it would sell for hardly any money.
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:57
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
There's still another couple of years until it gets released over here.

My PS2 still has a lot to offer until then
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Still have my original PS1 plus all my games so I'll be keeping the PS2 and all of my games too ... when's the PS3 out over here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.