GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube Scapped?!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/04/01 at 12:45
Regular
Just nabbed this from a site...

Interesting or just crap... you decide :)

---

Ninty Prez Yamauchi was offering yet another of his increasingly bizarre comments on the future of gaming for the big 'N' last Wednesday. Questioned about this year's showing at E3 in May, the nutjob El Presidente stated the following (according to a news release in Tokyo):

Should the reaction to the new game machine be poor at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, which will take place in Los Angeles from May 11 through May 13, it would be a serious blow to Nintendo, and the company may have to suspend the marketing of the product, the president said.
Sweet fancy Moses. If that doesn't sound dismaying enough, the mad as a lorry Head of Nintendo consolidated this alarming news with the following remark, reported by a French news service. Read it and weep.

"If we are unable to see a positive response at E3, this will have a disastrous impact on Nintendo... and we may have to consider freezing the Gamecube business altogether."
Even if Yamauchi is seriously considering halting production should critical comment be unfavourable after E3, revealing this drastic step to the general public, while perhaps showing a commendable honesty, is surely not the best way to instil a sense of confidence in your products. Presumably he's hoping that his machine will now receive universal acclaim at E3. That Yamauchi - he's quite a character, isn't he?

---
Wed 25/04/01 at 16:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ali did you like any of my ideas?
Wed 25/04/01 at 16:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
hmmm.

Click here.

Wed 25/04/01 at 16:33
Regular
If it would ever fail, i don't think so!
Wed 25/04/01 at 16:27
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> http://ukgames.com

>Just seeing if we can do it. I expect not.

Don't suppose it works any better with html tags... but obviously I'm going to try anyway..

ukgames.com

Wed 25/04/01 at 16:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Thank God the Gamecube isn't going to be 'scapped', I don't know what I would do if it was. Sounds painful.
Wed 25/04/01 at 16:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Still, it's not the news all you Ninty fans wanted, is it??

Anyway, I'd like to see him eat his hat. For more than one reason.

{:)
Wed 25/04/01 at 13:45
Regular
http://ukgames.com

Just seeing if we can do it. I expect not.
Wed 25/04/01 at 12:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Blimey... this site has certainly perked up a bit! :)
Wed 25/04/01 at 12:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Mr Snuggly...

Didnt Tony say that in forum message links were as yet for the likes of the SR staff only?!?!?
Wed 25/04/01 at 12:55
Regular
Heh. Most games sites have gone on to say that the Gamecube is doomed from this devasting news... thank you at least for actually thinking about it. ;0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.