GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commentaters catch foot in mouth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/04/01 at 01:55
Regular
Is there any need for commentaters to state the obvious when we watch football. Guys like Ron atkinson and Barry davies irritate me with their quotes and Hansen, Lawrenson and Alan Green all try to be clever slating referees . Atkinson will swear blind Heskey was hacked down (even after 5 replays)when its as clear as day he took a dive.Barry davies insists on making up his own names for players such as "solshara"-solskjaer. "lopeth"-lopez and calling Ginola "zjinola". When atkinson commentates on champions league he uses the phrase "good decision ref" as he did for every foul which went man utds way.He is so biased it makes me turn the sound off. Sky sports has genuine football fans commentating on fanzone which makes a good change from the old wrinkleys.
Wed 25/04/01 at 19:10
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
They may irritate me (Ron atkinson especially) but if you were in the commentary desk with world class players in front of you would'nt you get carried away.
Wed 25/04/01 at 14:02
Next time you hear a Ron Atkinson commentary listen out for the number of times he say 'full marks'.

Martin Tyler and Alan Parry are the best commentators around. Although I think Barry Davies is quite good as well.
Wed 25/04/01 at 02:01
Regular
Ron atkinson can get really annoying sometimes. he makes me laugh with the stupid comments he comes out with. Also latley the guys on the BBC have been cracking way to many cheesy jokes.
Wed 25/04/01 at 01:55
Is there any need for commentaters to state the obvious when we watch football. Guys like Ron atkinson and Barry davies irritate me with their quotes and Hansen, Lawrenson and Alan Green all try to be clever slating referees . Atkinson will swear blind Heskey was hacked down (even after 5 replays)when its as clear as day he took a dive.Barry davies insists on making up his own names for players such as "solshara"-solskjaer. "lopeth"-lopez and calling Ginola "zjinola". When atkinson commentates on champions league he uses the phrase "good decision ref" as he did for every foul which went man utds way.He is so biased it makes me turn the sound off. Sky sports has genuine football fans commentating on fanzone which makes a good change from the old wrinkleys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.