GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain name expiration"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/07/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I have (had) a domain name registered via GetDotted and hosted on Freeola. The name expired 29-Jun-04 (Tuesday) and I cancelled hosting for it on the same day, but the WhoIs database still says it's registered to me and typing in the address shows a Freeola "name registered, no website yet" page.

Am I missing something - shouldn't it be coming up as "address not found" by now?
Thu 01/07/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I have (had) a domain name registered via GetDotted and hosted on Freeola. The name expired 29-Jun-04 (Tuesday) and I cancelled hosting for it on the same day, but the WhoIs database still says it's registered to me and typing in the address shows a Freeola "name registered, no website yet" page.

Am I missing something - shouldn't it be coming up as "address not found" by now?
Thu 01/07/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Freeola Support"
The actual Domain Name is not cancelled if you click cancel Hosting within Freeola Control Panel, it is now parked.
If you do not wish to have this domain name simply do not renew the domain and within 30 days the website will no longer appear, it will become available to register again when it is deleted from the registry, depending on which type of domain name this is the time in which this will happen can vary.
Thu 01/07/04 at 14:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It's a .co.uk domain and it expired on Tuesday:-

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 29-Jun-2000
Renewal Date: 29-Jun-2004

Registration Status:
Renewal required.

So, I have to wait 30 days before I can purchase it through a different company? Any chance you could delete it now, please ... ?
Fri 02/07/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Freeola Support"
If you have the Nominet Certificate you should be able to ask Nominet to cancel this, information about this is included on the certificate. Unfortunatly we are unable to cancel this domain as we must follow standard procedures with Nominet. After 30 days of the domain expiring the domain should be detagged by Nominet, it is then down to Nominet on when they decide to make this domain available to purchase again. We recommend you contact Nominet via their website [URL]http://www.nic.uk[/URL] and just explain to them what you want to happen (e.g you want the domain with another registrar, please state the domain has expired), they should be able to help you further and may be able to offer a less disruptive way of re-registering or moving the domain name.
If you have any questions please log it via our online ticketing system [URL]http://www.freeola.info/request[/URL], as we will be able to respond faster.
Fri 02/07/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ooh, ta.
Fri 02/07/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Who's in charge of .com domains?

I want to move mine away to another company but dont't wanna pay the £50000000000000 that it will cost to transfer so I might do the same thing...

It's not Nominet, it's DotCominet or something isn't it? (I just made that up...)
Sat 03/07/04 at 22:27
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Verisign is in charge of .com domains. ICANN though has more power than any company and overseas management of the domain names, only recently Verisign lost its contract to manage .org domain names.
You may know Verisign from sites that use their Secure Certificates.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.