GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Program help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/06/04 at 19:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi everyone,

I have four computers on a network. I want to create a program that, when a button is pressed on one computer, a message is displayed on another computer on the network. Only one computer will have the button(s) interface and only one will receive the messages.

Does such a program already exist? And if so, where would I get it? I've tried Google, but to no avail.

Thanks.
Wed 30/06/04 at 19:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi everyone,

I have four computers on a network. I want to create a program that, when a button is pressed on one computer, a message is displayed on another computer on the network. Only one computer will have the button(s) interface and only one will receive the messages.

Does such a program already exist? And if so, where would I get it? I've tried Google, but to no avail.

Thanks.
Wed 30/06/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Argh, I used to know how to do this kind of internal Windows messaging thingy. Can't remember though, but I think it had something to do ith knowing the IP address, and you could send an instant message.
Wed 30/06/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Acid Casual"
[URL] http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/netsend/ [/URL]

Try this one its basically a gui for the NET SEND command.
Thu 01/07/04 at 10:06
Regular
"NULL"
You could even create a batch file containing:

net send 123.123.123.123

and then just create a shortcut to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.