GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband - 'usage'."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/06 at 09:15
Regular
Morning.
I've just noticed that MyFreeola no longer displays the ADSL usage for your uncapped service. It now reads "UNCAPPED GB" rather than showing the actual bandwidth used.

Hopefully this isn't a permanent change?

Things used to be list this a while back and then you started to report usage. This information is useful to know, it helps to guage whether to move to your uncapped service etc. and also shows if something strange is happening on my network.

NB. I had to restart my router 3 or 4 times to get a connection this morning. When looking at the router logs I was initially picking up an incorrect IP address (i.e. not my static one) - in the past this has been caused by a routing issue at your end which you may like to check out.

Thanks.
Thu 08/03/07 at 16:13
Regular
Thanks for the info loki.
Thu 08/03/07 at 13:03
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Sorry about this.

This is due to changeover in our scripts related to the current Billing system changes.

When billing is brought fully in-house this month we will be able to restore the bandwidth figures and also make improvements to the information displayed.

We will be able to build an ongoing history of bandwidth usage (not just the current month's usage) and we will be able to show clearer information on the current month's usage (e.g. how many days usage the figure represents).

We hope to implement these updates on, or shortly after, the 14th of this month.

Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.
Tue 06/03/07 at 18:38
Regular
*bump*
Sat 03/03/07 at 17:44
Regular
For the last couple of days my usage has shown as "UNCAPPED GB" again.

This has happened before (see previous posts below) can Freeola investigate please?

Thanks.
Wed 15/11/06 at 14:19
Regular
Thanks for that.
Wed 15/11/06 at 12:42
Regular
"incognito"
I have passed this to our programmers to see what is happening with that feature. In the mean time you can always ask our staff for adsl usage as we can still see it internally.

As for the intermittent connection this morning, we have been told by our technical partners that BT did an unannounced "upgrade" to one of our routers this morning which caused packet loss for a short while.
Wed 15/11/06 at 09:15
Regular
Morning.
I've just noticed that MyFreeola no longer displays the ADSL usage for your uncapped service. It now reads "UNCAPPED GB" rather than showing the actual bandwidth used.

Hopefully this isn't a permanent change?

Things used to be list this a while back and then you started to report usage. This information is useful to know, it helps to guage whether to move to your uncapped service etc. and also shows if something strange is happening on my network.

NB. I had to restart my router 3 or 4 times to get a connection this morning. When looking at the router logs I was initially picking up an incorrect IP address (i.e. not my static one) - in the past this has been caused by a routing issue at your end which you may like to check out.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.