GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ah well.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/06/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Touched!"
Today I collect my results for my BTEC National Diploma in media which I've been doing for 2 years now, I just cannot believe how fast time flies, I'm at Teesside Uni in september studying Computer games design for 4 years and I cannot wait, I know I've got the grades I need it's just a case of picking them up, anyone else going to uni in september? I feel like my life is finally going up for once, bring it on!
Wed 30/06/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Touched!"
Today I collect my results for my BTEC National Diploma in media which I've been doing for 2 years now, I just cannot believe how fast time flies, I'm at Teesside Uni in september studying Computer games design for 4 years and I cannot wait, I know I've got the grades I need it's just a case of picking them up, anyone else going to uni in september? I feel like my life is finally going up for once, bring it on!
Wed 30/06/04 at 13:16
Regular
"lets go back"
I start in September. I'm just not as confident about grades as you are. I might have to change courses the day I get my results.
Wed 30/06/04 at 13:35
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Congratulations and good luck to you! :)

Just out of curiosity, what do you need to become a computer game designer, besides brains?
Wed 30/06/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Getting my grades for the same Media course next Tuesday at our awards evening. I was told I have three Distinctions unless the examiners feel differently about the way the tutors have marked it.

What did you get?
Wed 30/06/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Touched!"
I have got all merits this year as far as I know..It says on UCAS obtain merit merit merit, is that meaning I need 3 merits out of the 9 units ? very confusing!
Wed 30/06/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
No, for a pass you get 2 points, merit 4 points and distinction 6 points, then they add up your total to see what you get. I think it's 82 points for DDD and I was just on that line...unless examiners say otherwise.

So you need however many points makes MMM (Three A-Levels at grade C).
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Well I got all merits (from 8 out of 9 units as one of the units was cocked up for everyone) Looks like I'm in as I only needed 3 merits, my lecturer said to phone ucas and tell them my results? Is there much point as the college sends them anyway or will it speed up the process?

Also the points do not matter ( well not for me anyway) as it just says I needed merits in the second year, points are just for A-Levels. but I passed 17 out of the 18 units, but as you only need to do 16 units for a btec I've passed :D
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:09
Regular
": ("
I've got my Year 10 GCSE exams next year, I have a while to go...
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:23
Regular
"Touched!"
Smashamof wrote:
> Congratulations and good luck to you! :)
>
> Just out of curiosity, what do you need to become a computer game
> designer, besides brains?

Well if you do a 2 year Btec National Diploma you need 3 merits to study it at teesside, you must be able to draw and be 100% interested in games basically, dunno how it works with A-Levels.
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
There arnt any year 10 exams, apart from science modules, and maybe a key skills test, but they are easy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.