GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony sellout in Japan!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/06 at 07:56
Regular
Sony have just about sold all their PS3 launch units in Japan!

Sadly that figure is a mere 88400. Thanks to the lack of Blu Ray diodes (or something like that) Sony weren't able to provide a decent stock of PS3s.

Though that doesn't seem to have mattered too much at the moment as 2% of PS3 owners didn't bother buying any games...

If Sony weren't ready, they shouldn't have release their PS3 when they did. They had the right strategy with the Playstation 2, but I think they're going to struggle (in comparison) with the Playstation 3.

Source: Gamesindustry.biz
Wed 15/11/06 at 07:56
Regular
Sony have just about sold all their PS3 launch units in Japan!

Sadly that figure is a mere 88400. Thanks to the lack of Blu Ray diodes (or something like that) Sony weren't able to provide a decent stock of PS3s.

Though that doesn't seem to have mattered too much at the moment as 2% of PS3 owners didn't bother buying any games...

If Sony weren't ready, they shouldn't have release their PS3 when they did. They had the right strategy with the Playstation 2, but I think they're going to struggle (in comparison) with the Playstation 3.

Source: Gamesindustry.biz
Wed 15/11/06 at 10:06
Regular
A lot of them are on Ebay as well, more wealthy people had homeless people queuing up for them outside stores for hours on end to get hold of a console.
Wed 15/11/06 at 15:09
Regular
"8==="
'Wealthy people' = Yakuza
Wed 15/11/06 at 23:30
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
more wealthy people had
> homeless people queuing up for them outside stores for hours on
> end to get hold of a console.

And then the homeless sold the PS3s for large fortunes and lived rich and happy lives :D
Wed 15/11/06 at 23:36
Regular
It's predicted that America will only get 200,000 units at launch...

Not to mention Phil Harrison, head of Sony Worldwide Studios, has recently refused to confirm March as the month the PS3 launches in Europe...

Sony doing well can only boost the market. But I fear, with a big grin on my face, that they've made a right cook up with the launch of PS3...
Wed 15/11/06 at 23:55
Regular
"8==="
Oh yes.

Bit odd the offical playstation magazine has decided to stop in America because they think the download service will kill off their disc-based magazine.

Must've had really crappy articles. :D
Thu 16/11/06 at 08:52
"possibly impossible"
If it doesn't launch in March, isn't that trying the patience of an already strained european fanbase for Sony? Surely they've got to.
Thu 16/11/06 at 13:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I agree as even a botched launch like in Japan won't be as bad as a delayed launch.
Thu 16/11/06 at 19:09
Regular
"8==="
Mmmmmm ice-gems... oh sorry... embarassment all round!
Thu 16/11/06 at 23:07
Regular
"Mooching around"
Seen the queues in America? Glad I have an empty town and a local Woolworths, easy buying :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.