GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"grand theft auto 3 on ps2, the exchange mission"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 16:22
Regular
"LOST FAN"
hi all i am desperately stuck on the exchange mission. i have used cheats before at the start of the game and i think this may be the problem. what i do is do the mission as normal and pick off the guards one by one, yet as soon as the cut scene kicks in and the flatbed drives at me im done for, i have blown the flatbed up yet i get merely another 10 yards or so and then it just comes up with mission failed and says marias dead. i have tried many different types of walkthrough for this mission yet the same thing happens every time, even if i get past the flatbed with full health and lots of bullets saved up. before you say anything, i have tried the mission using cheats and also without cheating, thats why i think it may just be if you cheat in the game at ANY point it messes up the play.please please please help me!!!
Mon 28/06/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Ah, this would be the final mission eh? Your best friend during this mission is the sniper rifle. When you're at the entrance to the Dam, shoot the cars with your Uzi (you should have got one from the guards at the Mansion) and the resulting explosion will take care of the guards.

Then just walk further into the complex and you'll see a sniper rifle. Pick it up and snipe as many Cartel as you possibly can, then shoot up the Flatbeds. You should then have a clear run at the steps to get to Maria. Don't go right up the stairs though, walk up slowly and pick off the guards with the sniper rifle. If you do it right, the guards won't even notice you. Just remember to keep out of the Helicopters line of fire.

Then walk to the edge of the platform and pick up the rocket launcher, one well aimed rocket later and the helicopter will be toast. That's how you do it without using any cheats. This is probably my favourite mission in the entire game.
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Cheats don't do anything to the game, so don't worry.
Don't go too close to the flatbeds, I think the maximum distance is near those red and yellow containers on the left. Use the sniper rifle to kill any of the guys nearby and a rocket launcher for the flatbeds. Destroy them all. By this stage Catalina will be in the chopper and they'll drop a few molotovs on you, therefore ensure you have full health and armour when you see the chopper coming at you. Down it with a rocket launcher, only takes one or two hits. Next, go to the stairs (ensuring all the Colombians are dead) and go up the stairs. There are three Colombians guarding Maria. Walk halfway up so you can use the sniper rifle but so you have good cover, and pick them off. The hardest is a guy to the far left behind concrete structures, you may need to go closer to get a good shot off at him. Finally go over to Maria. Mission passed.
Hope this helps.
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:25
Regular
Kinda reminds me of Jim'll Fix it, just with computer games and no Jimmy Saville.

"Now then, now then, now then"
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I can't even remember that mission
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:22
Regular
"LOST FAN"
hi all i am desperately stuck on the exchange mission. i have used cheats before at the start of the game and i think this may be the problem. what i do is do the mission as normal and pick off the guards one by one, yet as soon as the cut scene kicks in and the flatbed drives at me im done for, i have blown the flatbed up yet i get merely another 10 yards or so and then it just comes up with mission failed and says marias dead. i have tried many different types of walkthrough for this mission yet the same thing happens every time, even if i get past the flatbed with full health and lots of bullets saved up. before you say anything, i have tried the mission using cheats and also without cheating, thats why i think it may just be if you cheat in the game at ANY point it messes up the play.please please please help me!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.