GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Game] Left 4 Dead"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Left 4 Dead'.
Mon 28/09/09 at 02:35
Regular
Having had this game since release, I can say that I'm very satisfied with it, even though it does feel like an incomplete game.

-Gameplay-
You can play as 1 of 4 survivors: Bill, Louis, Francis, and Zoey. Which ever survivor you choose will not make any difference except for what you look like and what you say. You can play this game in Single Player and in Multiplayer, but the real fun is in the multiplayer. 3 game modes are included in Left 4 Dead: Campaign, Versus, and Survival. Campaign mode allows you to play 4 different campaigns, alone or with 3 other friends. Each campaign has 5 maps, the last map being a finale where you escape. Versus Mode is basically campaign mode, but you get to take turns playing as Infected, trying to stop the other team from getting to the safe room thus winning the level. In Survival Mode you must hold off in a certain area of a map (the cresendo event) as long as you can before dying. You can compare your survival times in the Leaderboards, but you can only compare it with friends you've made.

The game is really fun, but if you play it in long doses every day or so, you'll find that it gets very repetitive. Left 4 Dead's AI Director changes where zombies spawn and where items spawn as well, but really, that doesn't make much of a difference, it is still the same level. Eventually you'll probably get bored of the Campaigns, but fear not! The PC Community is full of mappers and modders, so you'll be able to download custom maps from websites and play them by yourself or with your friends. The only bad thing at the moment is that only a few campaigns/maps/survival maps are worth playing.

-Guns-
Ooh, guns. We like that. Left 4 Dead has a total of 5 weapons, which are the: Pump Shotgun, Uzi, M16, Auto shotgun, and a Sniper rifle. You also get a few different grenades which are the molotovs and pipe bombs. The last thing you can use as a weapon is a mounted machine gun placed in certain areas of levels. When playing in Campaign or Versus mode you start off with a pistol, and you can find a Pump Shotgun or an Uzi nearby. The Auto Shotgun, M16, and Sniper Rifle can be found later in the maps. Personally, if you compare the Pump Shotgun and the Uzi together, your best bet would be to use the Pump Shotgun.

-Downloadable content? Great!-

Valve has promised to deliver Left 4 Dead custom content, such as new campaigns, zombies, and weapons. The first DLC that Valve released was the Survival Pack, which included Survival Mode and 1 new Survival Map, plus the DLC had added Death Toll and Dead Air to the Versus mode. Valve shall be releasing another DLC which is a campaign this time, called Crash Course. It is a 30 minute long Versus campaign, so I'm not expecting that much new content. This campaign will be released on September 29 2009, free on the PC and you'll have to pay 6 bucks on Xbox Live.

-Overall-

Left 4 Dead is a great game to have on the PC, but not so much for the Xbox 360, solely for the purpose of CUSTOM CONTENT. You'll get bored of Left 4 Dead soon if your a big hardcare gamer like me, so if you want to keep interest in Left 4 Dead, get it for the PC. This game is worth buying, and I believe its about 30-40 bucks right now.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 28/09/09 at 02:35
Regular
Having had this game since release, I can say that I'm very satisfied with it, even though it does feel like an incomplete game.

-Gameplay-
You can play as 1 of 4 survivors: Bill, Louis, Francis, and Zoey. Which ever survivor you choose will not make any difference except for what you look like and what you say. You can play this game in Single Player and in Multiplayer, but the real fun is in the multiplayer. 3 game modes are included in Left 4 Dead: Campaign, Versus, and Survival. Campaign mode allows you to play 4 different campaigns, alone or with 3 other friends. Each campaign has 5 maps, the last map being a finale where you escape. Versus Mode is basically campaign mode, but you get to take turns playing as Infected, trying to stop the other team from getting to the safe room thus winning the level. In Survival Mode you must hold off in a certain area of a map (the cresendo event) as long as you can before dying. You can compare your survival times in the Leaderboards, but you can only compare it with friends you've made.

The game is really fun, but if you play it in long doses every day or so, you'll find that it gets very repetitive. Left 4 Dead's AI Director changes where zombies spawn and where items spawn as well, but really, that doesn't make much of a difference, it is still the same level. Eventually you'll probably get bored of the Campaigns, but fear not! The PC Community is full of mappers and modders, so you'll be able to download custom maps from websites and play them by yourself or with your friends. The only bad thing at the moment is that only a few campaigns/maps/survival maps are worth playing.

-Guns-
Ooh, guns. We like that. Left 4 Dead has a total of 5 weapons, which are the: Pump Shotgun, Uzi, M16, Auto shotgun, and a Sniper rifle. You also get a few different grenades which are the molotovs and pipe bombs. The last thing you can use as a weapon is a mounted machine gun placed in certain areas of levels. When playing in Campaign or Versus mode you start off with a pistol, and you can find a Pump Shotgun or an Uzi nearby. The Auto Shotgun, M16, and Sniper Rifle can be found later in the maps. Personally, if you compare the Pump Shotgun and the Uzi together, your best bet would be to use the Pump Shotgun.

-Downloadable content? Great!-

Valve has promised to deliver Left 4 Dead custom content, such as new campaigns, zombies, and weapons. The first DLC that Valve released was the Survival Pack, which included Survival Mode and 1 new Survival Map, plus the DLC had added Death Toll and Dead Air to the Versus mode. Valve shall be releasing another DLC which is a campaign this time, called Crash Course. It is a 30 minute long Versus campaign, so I'm not expecting that much new content. This campaign will be released on September 29 2009, free on the PC and you'll have to pay 6 bucks on Xbox Live.

-Overall-

Left 4 Dead is a great game to have on the PC, but not so much for the Xbox 360, solely for the purpose of CUSTOM CONTENT. You'll get bored of Left 4 Dead soon if your a big hardcare gamer like me, so if you want to keep interest in Left 4 Dead, get it for the PC. This game is worth buying, and I believe its about 30-40 bucks right now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.