GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burning a .img file to DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/06/04 at 20:29
Regular
Have an image file of a live concert that a mates wants me to put onto DVD. I am using nero6 but the img isn't recognised as an image that nero will burn onto the disk.
I select all files and find the image but then I get the choice of block sizes (or something similar) to pick.

Not sure what to pick, don't really want to try and waste disks if it isn't going to work.

Anyone know what to do using nero or any other program that will burn the .img to disk?

Thanks
Sun 27/06/04 at 20:29
Regular
Have an image file of a live concert that a mates wants me to put onto DVD. I am using nero6 but the img isn't recognised as an image that nero will burn onto the disk.
I select all files and find the image but then I get the choice of block sizes (or something similar) to pick.

Not sure what to pick, don't really want to try and waste disks if it isn't going to work.

Anyone know what to do using nero or any other program that will burn the .img to disk?

Thanks
Sun 27/06/04 at 20:40
Regular
If its the wrong block size, Nero will tell you before it starts burning so you can change.

Maybe best to start over again though (from creating the image), if its video youre burning.

I'll talk you through it proper on MSN, you big phoney.
Sun 27/06/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
So is it to do with the block sizes?
Sun 27/06/04 at 20:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Do you want to actually watch the concert on a dvd player?
Sun 27/06/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah, want it to work on a DVD player, if possible.
Sun 27/06/04 at 21:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You may be able to do it by using IMGTool to covert the IMG to an ISO, then you could use dvdDecrypter to burn the ISO to the dvd, or nero.
Sun 27/06/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thanks, will give IMGTool a try.
Sun 27/06/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> You may be able to do it by using IMGTool to covert the IMG to an ISO,
> then you could use dvdDecrypter to burn the ISO to the dvd, or nero.

DVD Decrypter can burn the IMG, so no need to convert it to an ISO.
Mon 28/06/04 at 11:08
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
ended up using ultraISO to convert the img to an Iso, seems to work fine.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.