GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For my cash, a home"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/06 at 00:11
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Homeless people. The ones we pretend don't exist. The filthy, unkempt, odourous degenerates who hold out grubby hands in expectation, as though their plight in itself were justification for income. The ones we see lying on the floor in our path, and lead us to hold deep breaths before getting close enough to have to offend our senses with their putrid stench.

I could go on graphically detailing what it is about these beggars that offends the very core of my being, but that isn't really the thrust of this entry.

The point is that the UK government is about to unveil a £164m package to 'provide training and emotional support' to young homeless people. I'm sure you can see what's coming, but that's not going to stop me from writing it. Because put simply, the government is openly tossing bucket loads of money down the drain when it should instead be utilising the failures of others to add value to the economy.

Does everybody deserve a second chance? If someone is capable of screwing up their life so fundamentally that they fall off the socio-economical framework altogether, should they be awarded some of my money to help pick them back up again? Let's be clear here. If your life is going rapidly downhill, the system has safeguards built in to avoid things becoming excessively desperate. Council accommodation, dole, tax credits, freebies, you name it. In fact, some people make a very fine living out of the resources available in the welfare safety net, at the cost of those looking for a more honest living.

Yet still there are some who cannot cope. Should more time, effort and money be poured into assisting such stupidity? The best you can ever hope to achieve is to reduce the availabilty of affordable accommodation, and increase further the tax burden on the honest worker. At worst, you'll get these ignorant half-wits breeding like flies; a situation already prevalent in our failing social system. Me, I'll happily settle for the status quo, where I can ignore the lazy SOBs, and their curiously well fed dogs, as they lay under reams of deliberately mud-wiped duvets which hide their heroin needles and whisky bottles.

I do, however, provide an alternative solution. Round them up. All of them. Keep the lawyers away, and they'll never know you're abusing their human right to lie in squallor, demanding their right to coin from the pockets of innocent passers-by. Then, once you've gathered the 250,000 or so under-25 homeless wasters, set them to work. Get them building something inane that requires neither skill nor aptitude, but preferably regularly entails the endangerment of body parts in heavy machinery. It won't be especially productive, but that's not the point. Once they're all sporting a missing finger, or leg, and have been indoctrinated into the production line, stick them in sponsored rags, place a few products about, bring in the cameras, and let the reality TV roll.

You think I'm sick, but I tell you now that it would firmly toss Big Brother into the yesterday's news category. It would also prevent me from having to hear about the government wishing away the tax money I work so hard to deliver to them on superfluous and meaningless gestures such as this.
Wed 15/11/06 at 00:11
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Homeless people. The ones we pretend don't exist. The filthy, unkempt, odourous degenerates who hold out grubby hands in expectation, as though their plight in itself were justification for income. The ones we see lying on the floor in our path, and lead us to hold deep breaths before getting close enough to have to offend our senses with their putrid stench.

I could go on graphically detailing what it is about these beggars that offends the very core of my being, but that isn't really the thrust of this entry.

The point is that the UK government is about to unveil a £164m package to 'provide training and emotional support' to young homeless people. I'm sure you can see what's coming, but that's not going to stop me from writing it. Because put simply, the government is openly tossing bucket loads of money down the drain when it should instead be utilising the failures of others to add value to the economy.

Does everybody deserve a second chance? If someone is capable of screwing up their life so fundamentally that they fall off the socio-economical framework altogether, should they be awarded some of my money to help pick them back up again? Let's be clear here. If your life is going rapidly downhill, the system has safeguards built in to avoid things becoming excessively desperate. Council accommodation, dole, tax credits, freebies, you name it. In fact, some people make a very fine living out of the resources available in the welfare safety net, at the cost of those looking for a more honest living.

Yet still there are some who cannot cope. Should more time, effort and money be poured into assisting such stupidity? The best you can ever hope to achieve is to reduce the availabilty of affordable accommodation, and increase further the tax burden on the honest worker. At worst, you'll get these ignorant half-wits breeding like flies; a situation already prevalent in our failing social system. Me, I'll happily settle for the status quo, where I can ignore the lazy SOBs, and their curiously well fed dogs, as they lay under reams of deliberately mud-wiped duvets which hide their heroin needles and whisky bottles.

I do, however, provide an alternative solution. Round them up. All of them. Keep the lawyers away, and they'll never know you're abusing their human right to lie in squallor, demanding their right to coin from the pockets of innocent passers-by. Then, once you've gathered the 250,000 or so under-25 homeless wasters, set them to work. Get them building something inane that requires neither skill nor aptitude, but preferably regularly entails the endangerment of body parts in heavy machinery. It won't be especially productive, but that's not the point. Once they're all sporting a missing finger, or leg, and have been indoctrinated into the production line, stick them in sponsored rags, place a few products about, bring in the cameras, and let the reality TV roll.

You think I'm sick, but I tell you now that it would firmly toss Big Brother into the yesterday's news category. It would also prevent me from having to hear about the government wishing away the tax money I work so hard to deliver to them on superfluous and meaningless gestures such as this.
Wed 15/11/06 at 00:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Everpain wrote:
> You think I'm sick....

No, just incredibly ignorant. :)
Wed 15/11/06 at 17:15
Regular
"Author of Pain"
So glad to have these meaningful discussions.
Wed 15/11/06 at 17:30
Regular
How about just finding them rubbish jobs like MacDnalds and stuff instead of your death camp idea?
Wed 15/11/06 at 17:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Everpain wrote:
> So glad to have these meaningful discussions.

Did you really think you'd get meaningful discussion starting with the premise that homeless people are stupid/lazy and need to be rounded up for a reality TV show?

You'd have to be as stupid as a homeless person to think that. :-)
Wed 15/11/06 at 17:55
Regular
I agree to some extent, there are a few exceptions of people that cannot work and due to some circumstances cant find a home. I recently met a homeless person that fought in World War 2 and has one eye and one leg and sits in a wheel chair all day, shame really since he fought for our country. Shows what respect he gets. But there are some people who bascially sit under the bank and beg when they have two hands and two legs and are quite capable of working, even if it was a crap job anything has to be better than that. Even so they still persist in doing nothing.
Wed 15/11/06 at 18:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Seifer wrote:
> But there are some people who bascially sit under the bank
> and beg when they have two hands and two legs and are quite
> capable of working, even if it was a crap job anything has to be
> better than that. Even so they still persist in doing nothing.

So who is it that employs homeless people?
Wed 15/11/06 at 20:02
Regular
Garin wrote:
> So who is it that employs homeless people?

Lots of employers, yes they obviously wont get a dream job but its not hard to get one with a bit of determination.
Wed 15/11/06 at 20:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Seifer wrote:
> Lots of employers, yes they obviously wont get a dream job but
> its not hard to get one with a bit of determination.

Ok, so if there are "Lots of employers", how do you explain the current environment? Why do charities like OSW exist and need funding? Why do we have initiatives like Business Action on Homelessness.
Do you really think all these exist because homeless people lack a bit of determination?
Wed 15/11/06 at 21:12
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Ok, so if there are "Lots of employers", how do you
> explain the current environment? Why do charities like
> OSW exist and need funding? Why
> do we have initiatives like
> Business
> Action on Homelessness
> Do you really think all these exist because homeless people lack
> a bit of determination?

As i said before, certain circumstances cant be helped and i genuinely think that some of the homeless people are homeless not because they chose to be, but because of the circumstances. I never said all homeless people were lazy your missing the point.

But there are some (Most in most cases) who have lost there families for drugs and drink, and have ended up on the street. Look at the percentage of drug users on the street, its sky high. They spend what little money they get on drugs. I do not agree with this and think that something should be done to help them get back into work. However there are open minded employers believe it or not who will hire, anything to do with loading trucks to restraunt work. Ask any employer of this type and they dont mind about your background aslong as you are capable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.