GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EURO 2004 - My Analysis So Far"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/06/04 at 22:04
Regular
"a.k.a King"
It’s been the talking point of the last few weeks; Europe’s major football tournament. EURO 2004 had the potential to be a thrilling and edge-of-your-seat couple of weeks with a line-up of world class players playing for some of the world’s greatest footballing nations. But quite frankly I feel the tournament has been a little disappointing, and with the tournament coming to a close soon Portugal 2004 could be the year people remember the most for the wrong reasons.

The English wouldn’t shut up about their ‘Divine Right’ to win this tournament, and being a Welshmen I was very happy to see Sven’s crew of over-paid, unfit (Remember Japan) wusses leave the tournament in shame. France was a brilliant game for every other nation bar England in the British Isles to watch. Zidane was the hero of the hour, and Gerrard the idiot of the hour. But after convincing performances against Switzerland and Croatia I thought the English could go quite far, until a certain fool by the name of Sven played an all-defensive approach after going a goal up against Portugal, and a certain idiot by the name of Beckham blazed a penalty clean over the bar to aid the Portuguese through. Then this morning England lost again in Rugby; ahh the delight.

But aside from England and the very impressive Rooney, little else seemed to happen other than big nations making an early exit. I never expected Greece to qualify, but the shock win against Portugal and excellent performance against Spain saw them through and left the Spanish in despair. But never in a million years would I expect little Greece to pull a win out of the bag against mighty France. Plenty of money was probably lost at the Bookmakers that night as the tournament favourites crashed out; and Henry was non-existent over the last week.

Group B went according to plan, although the might of France surprisingly struggled against Croatia, after the victory over England. But group C saw a very poor and out of character Italy side fall against the might of Scandinavia. Was it a fix? Many Italian hearts were broken that night, but a very impressive Sweden with that brilliant front two of Larsson and the tall bloke (I can’t spell his name, Zlatan something) proved a winning combination. Denmark were pretty impressive too, but Italy were cursed to go out and not loose a game.

Group D, or ‘Group of Death’ was a three man race between the Czechs, Germany and the Dutch. Holland were looking a spent force after the German game, as the Van Nistelrooy goal saved the Dutch from their blushes after a poor performance. The Czechs were flying though, with Nedved, Baros and Koller dispatching of Latvia in a tight game, then Holland in a fantastic one. But the final game would decide the fate of one of the giants, and with the Czechs beating the Germans, Holland went through after an easy victory over Latvia.

The quarterfinals were just as boring yet surprising, as only the Portugal game inspired me to watch on, with some excellent goals from Owen and Rui Costa, and a nerve racking penalty shoot-out. France were horrifically poor against the dark horses, Greece, and the uninspiring match highlighted how average these championships were. Holland vs. Sweden was meant to be packed full of goals, but it’s just gone into extra time after a 0-0 draw. Hopefully Czech Republic vs. Denmark will stop my eyelids from drooping.

EURO 2004 has had its moments though. Rooney was fantastic and put the Michael Owen to shame, but the injury was very unlucky and ended his campaign where he added another 20 or so million onto his value and attracted the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea. I have also been impressed with the Sweden front pairing, and Sol Campbell also had an impressive tournament. Ronaldo has also been an inspiration, with his tricks and the like. Barthez getting smashed in the face was well funny, and Fantasy Football on afterwards is a very enjoyable and funny show.

The tournament though is wide open now. No Germany, Italy, Spain and now no Holland. Maybe a Czech Republic – Portugal final? Who knows? Football is so unpredictable these days. Myself though, I have been more interested with Wimbledon and Wales on tour, although today’s performance against South Africa was something to forget about. I’ll put my money on Czech Republic; not literally mind, Denmark will probably knock them out. The tournament has just been so average. Very little games were exciting to watch, and there have been as many upsets as the 2002 World Cup. Maybe the teams are just rearing us up for a cracking final, but yesterday I watched Goran play Hewitt over the France match.

I think Beckham should now just go home and retire. Such a useless player in EURO 2004 shouldn’t have been any ware near the captain’s armband, and Sven didn’t seem to know what he had done wrong, which was practically everything in the Portugal match. It was their best chance to win a major tournament, with a team full of experience and young talent that had gelled, but they blew it. Oh well, Henman will probably go out soon so the England team won’t feel too ashamed of themselves.

Czech Republic vs. Portugal; Czechs to win. Totally wrong probably, but do I care? Wimbledon will be well good and being more of a rugby fan I think I’ll stick to the game with the oval ball. Unlucky Sven.
Sat 26/06/04 at 22:04
Regular
"a.k.a King"
It’s been the talking point of the last few weeks; Europe’s major football tournament. EURO 2004 had the potential to be a thrilling and edge-of-your-seat couple of weeks with a line-up of world class players playing for some of the world’s greatest footballing nations. But quite frankly I feel the tournament has been a little disappointing, and with the tournament coming to a close soon Portugal 2004 could be the year people remember the most for the wrong reasons.

The English wouldn’t shut up about their ‘Divine Right’ to win this tournament, and being a Welshmen I was very happy to see Sven’s crew of over-paid, unfit (Remember Japan) wusses leave the tournament in shame. France was a brilliant game for every other nation bar England in the British Isles to watch. Zidane was the hero of the hour, and Gerrard the idiot of the hour. But after convincing performances against Switzerland and Croatia I thought the English could go quite far, until a certain fool by the name of Sven played an all-defensive approach after going a goal up against Portugal, and a certain idiot by the name of Beckham blazed a penalty clean over the bar to aid the Portuguese through. Then this morning England lost again in Rugby; ahh the delight.

But aside from England and the very impressive Rooney, little else seemed to happen other than big nations making an early exit. I never expected Greece to qualify, but the shock win against Portugal and excellent performance against Spain saw them through and left the Spanish in despair. But never in a million years would I expect little Greece to pull a win out of the bag against mighty France. Plenty of money was probably lost at the Bookmakers that night as the tournament favourites crashed out; and Henry was non-existent over the last week.

Group B went according to plan, although the might of France surprisingly struggled against Croatia, after the victory over England. But group C saw a very poor and out of character Italy side fall against the might of Scandinavia. Was it a fix? Many Italian hearts were broken that night, but a very impressive Sweden with that brilliant front two of Larsson and the tall bloke (I can’t spell his name, Zlatan something) proved a winning combination. Denmark were pretty impressive too, but Italy were cursed to go out and not loose a game.

Group D, or ‘Group of Death’ was a three man race between the Czechs, Germany and the Dutch. Holland were looking a spent force after the German game, as the Van Nistelrooy goal saved the Dutch from their blushes after a poor performance. The Czechs were flying though, with Nedved, Baros and Koller dispatching of Latvia in a tight game, then Holland in a fantastic one. But the final game would decide the fate of one of the giants, and with the Czechs beating the Germans, Holland went through after an easy victory over Latvia.

The quarterfinals were just as boring yet surprising, as only the Portugal game inspired me to watch on, with some excellent goals from Owen and Rui Costa, and a nerve racking penalty shoot-out. France were horrifically poor against the dark horses, Greece, and the uninspiring match highlighted how average these championships were. Holland vs. Sweden was meant to be packed full of goals, but it’s just gone into extra time after a 0-0 draw. Hopefully Czech Republic vs. Denmark will stop my eyelids from drooping.

EURO 2004 has had its moments though. Rooney was fantastic and put the Michael Owen to shame, but the injury was very unlucky and ended his campaign where he added another 20 or so million onto his value and attracted the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea. I have also been impressed with the Sweden front pairing, and Sol Campbell also had an impressive tournament. Ronaldo has also been an inspiration, with his tricks and the like. Barthez getting smashed in the face was well funny, and Fantasy Football on afterwards is a very enjoyable and funny show.

The tournament though is wide open now. No Germany, Italy, Spain and now no Holland. Maybe a Czech Republic – Portugal final? Who knows? Football is so unpredictable these days. Myself though, I have been more interested with Wimbledon and Wales on tour, although today’s performance against South Africa was something to forget about. I’ll put my money on Czech Republic; not literally mind, Denmark will probably knock them out. The tournament has just been so average. Very little games were exciting to watch, and there have been as many upsets as the 2002 World Cup. Maybe the teams are just rearing us up for a cracking final, but yesterday I watched Goran play Hewitt over the France match.

I think Beckham should now just go home and retire. Such a useless player in EURO 2004 shouldn’t have been any ware near the captain’s armband, and Sven didn’t seem to know what he had done wrong, which was practically everything in the Portugal match. It was their best chance to win a major tournament, with a team full of experience and young talent that had gelled, but they blew it. Oh well, Henman will probably go out soon so the England team won’t feel too ashamed of themselves.

Czech Republic vs. Portugal; Czechs to win. Totally wrong probably, but do I care? Wimbledon will be well good and being more of a rugby fan I think I’ll stick to the game with the oval ball. Unlucky Sven.
Sat 26/06/04 at 22:18
Regular
"a.k.a King"
What is the Holland score?
Sun 27/06/04 at 13:20
"For the horde!!!!"
At least we won the snooker
Sun 27/06/04 at 14:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
How did England leave 'in shame'? What are you on about? They were unlucky, and they hardly disgraced themselves did they?

And Holland are still in the tournament.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.