GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The FOG Monarchy."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/04/01 at 17:24
Regular
King Grix woke up on a bright, sunny morning. He got out of his bed, and put on his royal robes.

He went downstairs for breakfast where he met up with his 2 sons, Prince SHEEPY and Prince er-no.

"Hello, sons," Grix said drearily," Any news from the other empires??"

King Grix was bored with live. He was ruler of the FOG Empire, and a lot more powerful than any of the other Empires. The only one that could put up a decent challenge was the MIST Empire, but they were relatively young, and could never defeat the might of the FOG.

"Well, this came today Father," er-no said, handing the King an envelope. He opened it up.

It was from the leader of the PS2 Empire, Wookiee Monster. Wookiee was a good friend of Grix's, and was always willing to help out.
The letter said:

"Dear Grix,
I believe you have many prisoners in your dungeons. So many that you are running out of room for them all. I was wondering if you would like me to take some of them? After all, I have more than enough room in my dungeons.
Reply soon, Wookiee Monster."

King Grix was pleased at this offer, and he called for his Messenger.

In came the Messenger, who went by the name of RastaBillySkank. "Yes, my master?"

"RBS, I would like you to travel to the PS2 Empire, and tell Wookiee Monster that I thank him for his offer, and that I shall be sending over some prisoners shortly."

"Yes, Master. I will go there straight away."

RBS left, leaving the King waiting hungrily for his breakfast. "Cook!! COOK!! Get in here now!!" Grix shouted.

In ran the King's cook, SNIPER. "Yes, master?" SNIPER asked, a little annoyed. SNIPER was known for being a little rebellious.

"Cook me and my sons a Full English Breakfast, NOW!" Grix demanded.

SNIPER muttered something as he walked away.

"What did you say??" Grix asked.

"Nothing, your MAJESTY," SNIPER said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

As SNIPER made his way back to the kitchen, the King called for his main servant, and also good friend, FantasyMeister.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," FM said brightly. "What can I do for you?"

"I've told you before, call me Grix!" He said with a chuckle. "I was just wondering if you could go and tell Your Honour that I need him for a case coming up against the WWF Empire??"

"Of course, Grix." FM said with a smile, "You make it sound like a chore!"

FM strode off. The thing was, YH's house was over 50 miles away, and it would take a long time to get there. But FM always did his Master's bidding with a big smile on his face.

Senior Guard Golden Rhino then entered. "Your Highness, you called for me??"

"Yes GR. I'm giving some prisoners to the PS2 Empire, and I was wondering if you could let 8 of the most well-behaved prisoners out here, so I can tell them where they're going?"

GR made his way down to the deep, dark dungeons. There were 20 cells, only meant for 1 prisoner each, but there were over 5 in each cell. The food and conditions were horrible, and most of the prisoners hadn't even committed any crimes!!

GR went up to a cell which consisted of 7 well-behaved prisoners. These were Time_Warp, The Game, Darkness_2K, shaneo, VenomByte, pb and Batistuta.

GR told them what was going to happen, and slowly opened the cell door. GR knew none of these prisoners would try to escape, as they knew that death was the punishment.

Someone tapped on GR's back. He turned around to face-WHAM!!

A glass plate shattered over GR's head, knocking him unconscious.

The man who had the plate looked up at the prisoners. He had a mask over his face, and he said to the prisoners in a gruff voice, "Take GR's weapons, and any others you can find. Then, make your way to the King's chamber. When he goes to his room for his afternoon nap, you will kill him."

The prisoners quickly agreed, as without the King, the FOG empire would be in chaos, giving them the chance to escape.

They quietly left, leaving the masked man to lsugh devilishly at his actions, "Mwa ha ha ha ha!! Bwa...Br...how'd you do the evil laugh?? Oh well-HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

The King was bored again. "Bring in the entertainment!!" he cried.

In came the King's Jester, Ant. Ant was followed by his assistants Tarrant, GoatBoy and Monkey_With_Attitude.

"What would you like, Master??" Ant asked excitedly. "Music?? Dance?? Comedy??"

King Grix thought about this, and then said, "Music AND dance."

Ant then got out a Tambourine, counted to three, and then began hitting it. His three assistants began to dance (hopelessly) to the 'music'.

Ant continued to hit the Tambourine at the same beat, and the others continued to jump around like idiots.

"Stop!! Stop!!" Grix shouted. "Comedy."

Ant put away his tambourine, and then said, "Which musical band likes to play in the desert??"

"I don't know," King Grix said wearily.

"OASIS!!" Ant cried, pleased at his joke.

The King though, was not so pleased. "Oh, shut up!! SHUT UP AND LEAVE!!"

Ant and his assistants sadly walked away.

"I'm going for my nap," he said to his sons.

"Okay, Father." They said simultaneously. SHEEPY and er-no's relationship with their Father was very good, and they looked up to him. He was their role-model.

The King walked into his bedroom chamber, and lay down on his huge bed.

Just as he was falling asleep, The Game and Time_Warp jumped out from behind the door, an axe in his hand. He lunged at Grix, who managed to roll out of the way while screaming, "GUARDS!! HELP!!"

SHEEPY and er-no ran into his chamber, and produced their swords. SHEEPY then chopped The Game's head off, while er-no sliced and diced Time_Warp.

The 2 Princes and their Father slowly walked out onto the landing. "Where are all my guards!?!?!?"

The guards were at this point merrily making their way out of the castle, as they had been payed off to do so by the masked stranger.

Just then, 3 more prisoners, namely shaneo, Darkness_2K and VenomByte jumped out of the bathroom, holding clubs and axes.

VenomByte swung his axe at er-no. Er-no ducked, kicked Venom where the sun don't shine, and then put his sword through his stomach.
Grix and SHEEPY had also dealt with the other 2.

"WHY HAVE ALL THESE PRISONERS ESCAPED!?!?!? WHERE IS GOLDEN RHINO!!" King Grix raged.

"Father, these prisoners are all from one cell. If I am right, then I believe there is one prisoner le-EUUUURRRGGHHHH!!" SHEEPY fell to the floor, an Axe stuck in his back.

er-no ran at pb, the remaining prisoner. pb ducked er-no's sword, and shoved him down the long, winding stairs.

Now just King Grix and pb were left. pb picked up SHEEPY's sword, and the 2 men proccedded to battle it out al the way down the stairs.
Grix knocked the sword out of pb's hands, and then advanced on him. Grix lifted his sword and-

it was taken out of his grasp. Grix turned to face the masked stranger.

"Who....who...who are you??"

"You don't know who I am?? I think you know me very well."

He pulled his mask off to reveal, FantasyMeister!!

"FM!! YOU'RE MY FRIEND!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!"

"All these years you have pretended to be my friend. But a friend wouldn't send me on long, perilous missions like you do. A friend wouldn't make me do all the cleaning and washing, like you do. But I carried on, knowing that my day would come. And here it is."

FM and pb then stalked Grix. FM, with his sword held high. Grix backed away, but came to the edge of the room and realized there was no where to hide.

"Time to die, King Grix Thraves!" FM shouted.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!" A scream came from above them. FM looked up, just in time to see Ant rolling down the stairs at a very high velocity.

Ant slammed into FM, who went tumbling over. FM landed on his sword, which unfortunately for him, was facing tip-upwards.

Grix then got up, stole the sword of a suprised pb, and swung. pb fell to the floor dead, next to FM, who was also dead.

Ant got up, and said, "Well, what do you think of that for entertainment!?!"

Grix smiled and said, "Wonderful!"

So, the kingdom had been saved. And the Empire of the FOG, lived on........
Tue 24/04/01 at 17:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
King Grix woke up on a bright, sunny morning. He got out of his bed, and put on his royal robes.

He went downstairs for breakfast where he met up with his 2 sons, Prince SHEEPY and Prince er-no.

"Hello, sons," Grix said drearily," Any news from the other empires??"

King Grix was bored with live. He was ruler of the FOG Empire, and a lot more powerful than any of the other Empires. The only one that could put up a decent challenge was the MIST Empire, but they were relatively young, and could never defeat the might of the FOG.

"Well, this came today Father," er-no said, handing the King an envelope. He opened it up.

It was from the leader of the PS2 Empire, Wookiee Monster. Wookiee was a good friend of Grix's, and was always willing to help out.
The letter said:

"Dear Grix,
I believe you have many prisoners in your dungeons. So many that you are running out of room for them all. I was wondering if you would like me to take some of them? After all, I have more than enough room in my dungeons.
Reply soon, Wookiee Monster."

King Grix was pleased at this offer, and he called for his Messenger.

In came the Messenger, who went by the name of RastaBillySkank. "Yes, my master?"

"RBS, I would like you to travel to the PS2 Empire, and tell Wookiee Monster that I thank him for his offer, and that I shall be sending over some prisoners shortly."

"Yes, Master. I will go there straight away."

RBS left, leaving the King waiting hungrily for his breakfast. "Cook!! COOK!! Get in here now!!" Grix shouted.

In ran the King's cook, SNIPER. "Yes, master?" SNIPER asked, a little annoyed. SNIPER was known for being a little rebellious.

"Cook me and my sons a Full English Breakfast, NOW!" Grix demanded.

SNIPER muttered something as he walked away.

"What did you say??" Grix asked.

"Nothing, your MAJESTY," SNIPER said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

As SNIPER made his way back to the kitchen, the King called for his main servant, and also good friend, FantasyMeister.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," FM said brightly. "What can I do for you?"

"I've told you before, call me Grix!" He said with a chuckle. "I was just wondering if you could go and tell Your Honour that I need him for a case coming up against the WWF Empire??"

"Of course, Grix." FM said with a smile, "You make it sound like a chore!"

FM strode off. The thing was, YH's house was over 50 miles away, and it would take a long time to get there. But FM always did his Master's bidding with a big smile on his face.

Senior Guard Golden Rhino then entered. "Your Highness, you called for me??"

"Yes GR. I'm giving some prisoners to the PS2 Empire, and I was wondering if you could let 8 of the most well-behaved prisoners out here, so I can tell them where they're going?"

GR made his way down to the deep, dark dungeons. There were 20 cells, only meant for 1 prisoner each, but there were over 5 in each cell. The food and conditions were horrible, and most of the prisoners hadn't even committed any crimes!!

GR went up to a cell which consisted of 7 well-behaved prisoners. These were Time_Warp, The Game, Darkness_2K, shaneo, VenomByte, pb and Batistuta.

GR told them what was going to happen, and slowly opened the cell door. GR knew none of these prisoners would try to escape, as they knew that death was the punishment.

Someone tapped on GR's back. He turned around to face-WHAM!!

A glass plate shattered over GR's head, knocking him unconscious.

The man who had the plate looked up at the prisoners. He had a mask over his face, and he said to the prisoners in a gruff voice, "Take GR's weapons, and any others you can find. Then, make your way to the King's chamber. When he goes to his room for his afternoon nap, you will kill him."

The prisoners quickly agreed, as without the King, the FOG empire would be in chaos, giving them the chance to escape.

They quietly left, leaving the masked man to lsugh devilishly at his actions, "Mwa ha ha ha ha!! Bwa...Br...how'd you do the evil laugh?? Oh well-HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

The King was bored again. "Bring in the entertainment!!" he cried.

In came the King's Jester, Ant. Ant was followed by his assistants Tarrant, GoatBoy and Monkey_With_Attitude.

"What would you like, Master??" Ant asked excitedly. "Music?? Dance?? Comedy??"

King Grix thought about this, and then said, "Music AND dance."

Ant then got out a Tambourine, counted to three, and then began hitting it. His three assistants began to dance (hopelessly) to the 'music'.

Ant continued to hit the Tambourine at the same beat, and the others continued to jump around like idiots.

"Stop!! Stop!!" Grix shouted. "Comedy."

Ant put away his tambourine, and then said, "Which musical band likes to play in the desert??"

"I don't know," King Grix said wearily.

"OASIS!!" Ant cried, pleased at his joke.

The King though, was not so pleased. "Oh, shut up!! SHUT UP AND LEAVE!!"

Ant and his assistants sadly walked away.

"I'm going for my nap," he said to his sons.

"Okay, Father." They said simultaneously. SHEEPY and er-no's relationship with their Father was very good, and they looked up to him. He was their role-model.

The King walked into his bedroom chamber, and lay down on his huge bed.

Just as he was falling asleep, The Game and Time_Warp jumped out from behind the door, an axe in his hand. He lunged at Grix, who managed to roll out of the way while screaming, "GUARDS!! HELP!!"

SHEEPY and er-no ran into his chamber, and produced their swords. SHEEPY then chopped The Game's head off, while er-no sliced and diced Time_Warp.

The 2 Princes and their Father slowly walked out onto the landing. "Where are all my guards!?!?!?"

The guards were at this point merrily making their way out of the castle, as they had been payed off to do so by the masked stranger.

Just then, 3 more prisoners, namely shaneo, Darkness_2K and VenomByte jumped out of the bathroom, holding clubs and axes.

VenomByte swung his axe at er-no. Er-no ducked, kicked Venom where the sun don't shine, and then put his sword through his stomach.
Grix and SHEEPY had also dealt with the other 2.

"WHY HAVE ALL THESE PRISONERS ESCAPED!?!?!? WHERE IS GOLDEN RHINO!!" King Grix raged.

"Father, these prisoners are all from one cell. If I am right, then I believe there is one prisoner le-EUUUURRRGGHHHH!!" SHEEPY fell to the floor, an Axe stuck in his back.

er-no ran at pb, the remaining prisoner. pb ducked er-no's sword, and shoved him down the long, winding stairs.

Now just King Grix and pb were left. pb picked up SHEEPY's sword, and the 2 men proccedded to battle it out al the way down the stairs.
Grix knocked the sword out of pb's hands, and then advanced on him. Grix lifted his sword and-

it was taken out of his grasp. Grix turned to face the masked stranger.

"Who....who...who are you??"

"You don't know who I am?? I think you know me very well."

He pulled his mask off to reveal, FantasyMeister!!

"FM!! YOU'RE MY FRIEND!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!"

"All these years you have pretended to be my friend. But a friend wouldn't send me on long, perilous missions like you do. A friend wouldn't make me do all the cleaning and washing, like you do. But I carried on, knowing that my day would come. And here it is."

FM and pb then stalked Grix. FM, with his sword held high. Grix backed away, but came to the edge of the room and realized there was no where to hide.

"Time to die, King Grix Thraves!" FM shouted.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!" A scream came from above them. FM looked up, just in time to see Ant rolling down the stairs at a very high velocity.

Ant slammed into FM, who went tumbling over. FM landed on his sword, which unfortunately for him, was facing tip-upwards.

Grix then got up, stole the sword of a suprised pb, and swung. pb fell to the floor dead, next to FM, who was also dead.

Ant got up, and said, "Well, what do you think of that for entertainment!?!"

Grix smiled and said, "Wonderful!"

So, the kingdom had been saved. And the Empire of the FOG, lived on........
Tue 24/04/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That was long - to be honest I stopped after being called Grix's son ;)

Only Jokig I read on to see where it was going - very imaginative - yes interesting :D

POWER OF THE SHEEP
Tue 24/04/01 at 17:46
Regular
I'm still not all too sure why I imprisoned everyone...

Ah well. I'm sure I had a good reason.

(I'm getting concerned at the amount of times you say you THINK you had a good reason.)

Hey?

(To be honest Grix, I think you're losing your mind.)

You're probably right. Ah well.
Tue 24/04/01 at 17:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
They're in prison for all the normal things-stealing, murdering etc.

You imprisoned them as they were ruining your 'perfect' empire, although some of them were innocent.
Tue 24/04/01 at 17:55
Regular
(I'm now worried that the King's jester needs to tell his King why he imprisoned someone.)

Look, will you leave me alone? I really haven't the energy to fight back today.

(All the better for me, then.)

Oh... sod off.
Tue 24/04/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I just saw a bit there - I died :P

Least I got to cut The Games head off :D
Tue 24/04/01 at 18:16
Regular
"everyone says it"
** er-no is getting bored of falling down the stairs now**

oww ohh oww....
Tue 24/04/01 at 18:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Hmmmm....which wuold have been the more terrible fate? Sent away to the PS2 forum, or run through with a sword?

Doesn't even deserve an answer ;)
Tue 24/04/01 at 18:39
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Meanwhile - Tony had spent the last six and a quarter minutes reading all this, so he decided to add a piece of it to his word count (since deleted). It looks like very few people are left alive, so there will be more chance of winning GD from now on.
Tue 24/04/01 at 18:41
Regular
Obviously he's been keeping this for ages trying to do something.....my name's Sniper not SNIPER

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.