GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows cannot find Program.exe (2 PCs dead one dying)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/06/04 at 11:36
Regular
Awhile ago my brothers PC died, every time I started it up it would freeze, I couldnt do anything to help it. Then not sure when after uninstalling Windows XP because of the "this, this, this, oh and that program that aren't working with XP" I picked up a few problems. One main one is my soundcard software isnt working, although I havent been bothered to fix it yet. Anyway now I got this "Windows cannot find Program.exe" which is needed to open LGO Files. Anyway a few days later my dad who had been in the hospital for a month and just started using his laptop again. He started to get the same as well. "Windows cannot find Program.exe" except while I am still able to use my computer and the Start and other tool buttons at the bottom. He cannot. I can only sometimes activate programs on his desktop but everything else wont work and just freezes.

All three computers share internet connection but I never managed to set up a network. A virus scan on the laptop found a trojan back door created in April maybe around the same time my brothers computer started playing up.

I cannot delete everything and reinstall on either my brothers PC or the laptop as I have none of the drivers or anything.

Anyone have any ideas how I can save these computers? I'm not sure my brothers computer had the same missing Program.exe file but he had lots of problems with the disc scan whatever thingie at the beginning of start up. Either wasnt there or was having serious problems.
Wed 30/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
If you haven't sorted it check this out:
[URL]http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBJ/tip4500/rh4562.htm[/URL]
Mon 28/06/04 at 21:13
Regular
Hmmm that's all i found through googling from microsoft.
Mon 28/06/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Freeola Support"
If the browser works get them to go to [URL]http://housecall.antivirus.com[/URL], its a simple online Virus Checker (possibly the best for detecting virus's but not curing them). If it finds a virus check if you can download a removal tool from [URL]http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html[/URL] and fingers crossed it should fix it.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:10
Regular
oh and did I mention this seems to be the work of a trojan?
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:06
Regular
Thank you for the link but no, it does not work for either computers. The laptop you cannot do anything even when you use a start up disk. That means no action when pressing Start or pressing any of the desktop icons.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Sat 26/06/04 at 13:54
Regular
[URL]http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;q188592[/URL]
Sat 26/06/04 at 11:36
Regular
Awhile ago my brothers PC died, every time I started it up it would freeze, I couldnt do anything to help it. Then not sure when after uninstalling Windows XP because of the "this, this, this, oh and that program that aren't working with XP" I picked up a few problems. One main one is my soundcard software isnt working, although I havent been bothered to fix it yet. Anyway now I got this "Windows cannot find Program.exe" which is needed to open LGO Files. Anyway a few days later my dad who had been in the hospital for a month and just started using his laptop again. He started to get the same as well. "Windows cannot find Program.exe" except while I am still able to use my computer and the Start and other tool buttons at the bottom. He cannot. I can only sometimes activate programs on his desktop but everything else wont work and just freezes.

All three computers share internet connection but I never managed to set up a network. A virus scan on the laptop found a trojan back door created in April maybe around the same time my brothers computer started playing up.

I cannot delete everything and reinstall on either my brothers PC or the laptop as I have none of the drivers or anything.

Anyone have any ideas how I can save these computers? I'm not sure my brothers computer had the same missing Program.exe file but he had lots of problems with the disc scan whatever thingie at the beginning of start up. Either wasnt there or was having serious problems.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.