GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/06/00 at 07:14
Regular
Dreamcast doesn't have a chance when PS2 is released, through no reason other than that there has been so much hype over PS2. 90% of PSX owners will go out and buy a PS2 anyway, with no incentive other than "Our Playstations turned out OK, so this will be even better".
This is a stupid view to take, especially considering the ridiculously high price. There will be a lot of disappointed PS2 owners, especially when all the shops start selling Dreamcasts cheap to try and free eup some shelf space for PS2 and Dolphin (when it is released.)
Anyone who is thinking about buying a PS2 is wait until it has been released, and if the quality is well above that of the Dreamcast after a few games have been released for PS2, then buy it. (And by that time you should be able to get the PS2 and a game for the same price it will cost oyu on release).
Fri 16/06/00 at 18:26
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Just to be completly annoying I thought I would tell you that the PS started at £400 in Britain, and the ps2 will sell more over her and the US than in Japan, however crap it is, it will never stop playstation owners buying them, and theres alot of them.
Thu 15/06/00 at 19:15
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I disagree with you chris. I think that because the PS2 is launching at £300 (well, $300 in America usually means we pay £300 here), then people won't buy it. This is te price of the original PSx, and it too 8 months to sell 1 million units- (DC took 3 weeks in America alone). Also gamers are quite clever... the PS2 has flunked in Japan! Sure it sold 2 million in 2 weeks, but it now only has 7.8% of the games market- the same as the failing DC (in Japan anyway).

So, have confidence in gamers, and that they will be a little less ignorant than they may appear!
Thu 15/06/00 at 07:14
Dreamcast doesn't have a chance when PS2 is released, through no reason other than that there has been so much hype over PS2. 90% of PSX owners will go out and buy a PS2 anyway, with no incentive other than "Our Playstations turned out OK, so this will be even better".
This is a stupid view to take, especially considering the ridiculously high price. There will be a lot of disappointed PS2 owners, especially when all the shops start selling Dreamcasts cheap to try and free eup some shelf space for PS2 and Dolphin (when it is released.)
Anyone who is thinking about buying a PS2 is wait until it has been released, and if the quality is well above that of the Dreamcast after a few games have been released for PS2, then buy it. (And by that time you should be able to get the PS2 and a game for the same price it will cost oyu on release).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.