GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bridget Jones's Diary"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/04/01 at 13:22
Regular
Wow, what a surprise! I was dragged along to see Bridget Jones with my lady friend expecting it to be a pure chick flick and a bit of a schmaltzy load of toss. However, I was pleasantly surprised by a) the storyline, b) the acting and c)Renee Zellweger. Not only does she put on a flawless British accent but she looks absolutely edible at that size, just like a woman should. Frankly, I think she should have stuck with that weight as she looks strange skinny. Anyway, she is now a top chick in my books, not least because she is now an Anglophile and is addicted to Boots The Chemist. Go and see it, I promise you, you will be surprised at how good it is.
Wed 16/05/01 at 14:52
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Well, there you go. That proves that I was right. Unlucky Dupin, you'll be laughing all the way to the gutter.
Wed 16/05/01 at 14:49
Regular
Hugh Grant puts on another flawless display, just as good as 4 weddings and a funeral or notting hill.
Wed 16/05/01 at 14:46
Ild also have to say that I really enjoyed Bridget Jones Diary, its a very down to earth, funny film with great acting and a great storyline :-)
Tue 15/05/01 at 16:38
I went to see it last week. I was a bit fed up of all the hype and expected it to be one of those films where we'd seen all the best bits on the trailers etc, but it was excellent, I was pleasantly surprised!
Wed 09/05/01 at 20:12
"possibly impossible"
I might just get to see it for the pants bit.

It sounded good from the start, not an oscar winning film, but something slightly more understated. I prefer that kind of thing, and as I mentioned in an earlier topic, I see nothing wrong in these so called 'chick flicks' they add something to movies that would be missing if it wasn't there and I'm happy to admit I like them.

As the Beatles sang 'all you need is love'
Wed 09/05/01 at 19:48
I have seen Bridget Jones Dairy and its excellent. I have read the first book aswell. I found the book slightly boring to be honest, yet the film was very good. I thought Renee looks better bigger, she looks more alive and well. I also thought her accent was excellent aswell.
Hugh Grant and Colin Firth make an excellent team to fihgt over Bridget. This is a truely must watch film amd will make you laugh and make you cry...
Thu 03/05/01 at 22:01
I think this film was truely brilliant. I was very very pleasantely suprised. I think the fact that Renee pilled on the pounds for this film, makes it all the more realistic. Talking of realistic, her accent was fantastic.
The plot is light hearted, yet funny. There are scenes that are hilariuosly funny. For example when Colin Frith and Hugh Grant fight through a restuarant window to 'its raining mean' by Geri Halliwell.
The fact that Bridget is so likable and life-like is what to me made this film so appealing, Its a must watch and i advise anyone to go and see it.
Tue 24/04/01 at 16:54
I read Dupin's views of Bridget Jones' Diary, he described the film as being awful. I havent seen it yet, but I was really looking forward to watching it until Dupin said how terrible it was.

The trailers for this movie looked really funny to me, definitely one to watch I thought. I love a good comedy. With Hugh Grant, it must be funny, his acting is amazing, but the expressions on his face are enough to make me laugh!

Thank you Mr Snuggly for saying that you enjoyed this film and that it isn't just your average chick flick, now maybe I can persuade my 'lovely' boyfriend to take me to see it! (Hint Hint!)
Tue 24/04/01 at 16:33
See my (Dupin's) original comments titled "Why Bridget Jones’s Diary is AWFUL!" which completely disagrees with this brief review of the film.
Tue 24/04/01 at 13:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Wow, what a surprise! I was dragged along to see Bridget Jones with my lady friend expecting it to be a pure chick flick and a bit of a schmaltzy load of toss. However, I was pleasantly surprised by a) the storyline, b) the acting and c)Renee Zellweger. Not only does she put on a flawless British accent but she looks absolutely edible at that size, just like a woman should. Frankly, I think she should have stuck with that weight as she looks strange skinny. Anyway, she is now a top chick in my books, not least because she is now an Anglophile and is addicted to Boots The Chemist. Go and see it, I promise you, you will be surprised at how good it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.