GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What have I done?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/06/04 at 10:38
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Firstly, does anyone know any begginers guides to overclocking?

Now, I'll get on with what I want to say. I've installed RivaTuner and have the latest nVidia signed drivers, but when I start up RivaTuner I get the message the drivers haven't been tested with this version of Riva, so should I proceed anyway to use it? Whatever the answser I have gone forth and done a single change. I've gone into "low-level system settings" and
in the 'overclocking' tab I pushed the core clock slider from 175 to 189
MHz. What have I done and will my computer explode? Have I overclocked something? The graphics card perhaps? I've noticed lockups in counter-strike which are more frequent if I push the core clock speed slider past 200MHz.

I NEED desperately a performance boost somewhere. Something that will give me extra FPS. I have a Dell PC with WinXP Home, a G-Force 3 Ti200, 256MB SDRAM, and P4 1.6GHz.
Sat 26/06/04 at 10:11
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
And get some more normal ram, min for good win xp operation is 512 really, it will give you a performance boost
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Turbonutter wrote:
> You've successfully overclocked your card, and you even know its GPU
> limits. Don't push it past 200mhz.
>
> Now try the same with the RAM.
With your graphics onboard ram you'll notice corrupted textures or pink spots if it is pushed to hard.
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:33
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Ok. Seems quite easy to overclock with RivaTuner. Just two sliders to play with.
Thu 24/06/04 at 15:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You've successfully overclocked your card, and you even know its GPU limits. Don't push it past 200mhz.

Now try the same with the RAM.
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'm no expert, your grahpics card is not overheating is it ?
tried a google search ?
Thu 24/06/04 at 10:38
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Firstly, does anyone know any begginers guides to overclocking?

Now, I'll get on with what I want to say. I've installed RivaTuner and have the latest nVidia signed drivers, but when I start up RivaTuner I get the message the drivers haven't been tested with this version of Riva, so should I proceed anyway to use it? Whatever the answser I have gone forth and done a single change. I've gone into "low-level system settings" and
in the 'overclocking' tab I pushed the core clock slider from 175 to 189
MHz. What have I done and will my computer explode? Have I overclocked something? The graphics card perhaps? I've noticed lockups in counter-strike which are more frequent if I push the core clock speed slider past 200MHz.

I NEED desperately a performance boost somewhere. Something that will give me extra FPS. I have a Dell PC with WinXP Home, a G-Force 3 Ti200, 256MB SDRAM, and P4 1.6GHz.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.