GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""He'll be bigger than Pele.""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/06/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This single comment from Foreman makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Come. On.

He scored against Switzerland and an incredibly poor Croatia, and suddenly people are comparing him to Pelé?!

He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Pelé. It truly is pathetic. What impresses me most is how he gets raved about when he's on form (goal against Arsenal, a year of nothing and now two good games in Portugal) and nobody knows he exists for most of the year. Amazing. Got more yellow cards than goals last season and was looking like being at Everton on £13000 a week next season. But four goals later he's the new Pelé and is worth £50 million. Pele scored over a thousand goals in his career - Rooney has a hell of a lot to do.

If he's so phenomenally good, why isn't he banging them in for Everton? And don't give me that rubbish about them being a bad team...a class player will score a good few in any team.

To say that Rooney is anywhere near as good as Pele was is utter bull. I saw Pelé play (on the telly, obviously), and he was a genius. Best player I've ever seen. Rooney, as well as he's done, is nowhere near as good as Pelé was at 17.

I mean, Pelé scored on his debut against Argentina when he was 16 for feck sake.

He "scored on debut against Argentina in 1957 and went on to score 95 goals in 104 matches for Brazil. Notched a total of 1,280 goals in his 1,363 games" according to [URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1245068,00.html[/URL]

So in conclusion, anyone who even mutters Rooney's name in the same sentence as Pelé's in a comparitive sense truly is a complete and utter idiot.

I mean Pelé. PELÉ for fook sake. Is having Rooney compared to him?
And another point - the irony of "Roomania" is hilarious.
Wed 23/06/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This single comment from Foreman makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Come. On.

He scored against Switzerland and an incredibly poor Croatia, and suddenly people are comparing him to Pelé?!

He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Pelé. It truly is pathetic. What impresses me most is how he gets raved about when he's on form (goal against Arsenal, a year of nothing and now two good games in Portugal) and nobody knows he exists for most of the year. Amazing. Got more yellow cards than goals last season and was looking like being at Everton on £13000 a week next season. But four goals later he's the new Pelé and is worth £50 million. Pele scored over a thousand goals in his career - Rooney has a hell of a lot to do.

If he's so phenomenally good, why isn't he banging them in for Everton? And don't give me that rubbish about them being a bad team...a class player will score a good few in any team.

To say that Rooney is anywhere near as good as Pele was is utter bull. I saw Pelé play (on the telly, obviously), and he was a genius. Best player I've ever seen. Rooney, as well as he's done, is nowhere near as good as Pelé was at 17.

I mean, Pelé scored on his debut against Argentina when he was 16 for feck sake.

He "scored on debut against Argentina in 1957 and went on to score 95 goals in 104 matches for Brazil. Notched a total of 1,280 goals in his 1,363 games" according to [URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1245068,00.html[/URL]

So in conclusion, anyone who even mutters Rooney's name in the same sentence as Pelé's in a comparitive sense truly is a complete and utter idiot.

I mean Pelé. PELÉ for fook sake. Is having Rooney compared to him?
And another point - the irony of "Roomania" is hilarious.
Wed 23/06/04 at 23:33
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I agree that comparing him to Pele at the moment is stupid. But in the future if he does go on to be great, will you accept it?

At the moment I would compare him to Owen, only a little less prolific. His international performances have been top-notch. But for his club...he works hard, but to little fruit.
Wed 23/06/04 at 23:57
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
People seem to go overboard with silly comments like these, the guy's only 18, still developing and has a decent future ahead of him. If he keeps his feet on the ground he could very well write his own history - especially if England were to lift this trophy or he could very well turn into the next Paul Gascoigne. Only time will tell, in the mean time sit back relax and watch the fat fooker bang 'em in :)
Thu 24/06/04 at 00:23
Regular
"He'll be bigger than Pele."

He already is! Thats what happens when your fave food is hamburgers!
Thu 24/06/04 at 10:59
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Azul wrote:
> This single comment from Foreman makes me want to stab my eyes out.
>
> Come. On.
Pele scored over a thousand goals in his career - Rooney has
> a hell of a lot to do.

Yeah they've counted his goals scored in training matches within that total.

> If he's so phenomenally good, why isn't he banging them in for
> Everton? And don't give me that rubbish about them being a bad
> team...a class player will score a good few in any team.

Pele did play for Brazil and his club team was also amongst the best in Brazil.

Anyway Pele is overrated. I'd put Best, Maradona and Zidane ahead of him in the all time list.
Thu 24/06/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I think people have got this whole "Rooney is as good as Pele" comment a bit wrong.
Wasn't it about how Rooney's impact on this championship is the biggest impact a youngster has made in a major championship since Pele in the 1958 World Cup?
Nobody has said he's the new Pele, simply that he's made that kind of impact like Pele had.
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think Rooneymania is gay.

Happy Azul?
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:25
Regular
How pathetic. Talk Sport (don't know if this is a National Station - it's just playing in the background)

Have changed their name to 'Talk Wayne' and apparently other stations have gone for 'Radio Rooney'.

One guy on 'Talk Wayne' went on to say that Rooney is "as big a genius as Mozart". WTF?! He kicks a friggin ball around a field, where's the genius in that?!

Spastics.
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:39
Regular
"Teal'c"
Word is on the street Rooneys young.
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"Everyone forgets he's only 18" says David Beckham.

No David, no we don't. It's all we ever hear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.