GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New games should combine game genres together - or should they use the classic genres?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/02/05 at 11:28
"Woooooooooooooooooo"
I think that new games have combined genres together to make it better. Unreal C 2 for example has mixed 1st person with 3rd person and GTA SA has combined RPG with Shooter. I reckon They should keep doing this because its the only way that games can get any better
Sun 27/02/05 at 20:59
Regular
i hate EA, all their game are complete utter pig-swill
Sun 27/02/05 at 18:21
"Retarded List"
Last I heard they ARE making one. Not that I'd be paticulaly interested. As you said, EA would probably pick up the licence.
Sun 27/02/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I wonder if they'll make a kill bill game. That could be fun. Though I suppose if it did happen the license would be given to ea or some other lame game franchise.
Sat 26/02/05 at 22:31
Regular
"Thriller Killer"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> SumGuy from Switzerl wrote:
> I think that new games have combined genres together to make it
> better. Unreal C 2 for example has mixed 1st person with 3rd person
> and GTA SA has combined RPG with Shooter. I reckon They should keep
> doing this because its the only way that games can get any better
>
>
> NEVER combine genres. Why do you think publishers don't really do it
> often. GTA: san andreas was a good game but as it is an 'action/shoot
> em up' the RPG element all though a nice new feature really wasn't
> that good. Imagine if EA games started helping to make Halo 3 or the
> next GTA!!! Catastrophy...

Yeah that is true. However games will never proceed anymore without a bit of experimentation. If you can produce the right game for two different elements like sports games and shoot em ups then two lots of gamers will be happy. Just imagine getting up after falling off your skateboard because some guy was in the way and being able to chop his head off with a katana! Justice would be served! LOL!
Sat 26/02/05 at 14:11
"Retarded List"
I agree with Jon $m!th. Combinations of genres isn't the only way forward, but it is a step in the right direction.
Sat 26/02/05 at 13:20
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
SumGuy from Switzerl wrote:
> I think that new games have combined genres together to make it
> better. Unreal C 2 for example has mixed 1st person with 3rd person
> and GTA SA has combined RPG with Shooter. I reckon They should keep
> doing this because its the only way that games can get any better

NEVER combine genres. Why do you think publishers don't really do it often. GTA: san andreas was a good game but as it is an 'action/shoot em up' the RPG element all though a nice new feature really wasn't that good. Imagine if EA games started helping to make Halo 3 or the next GTA!!! Catastrophy...
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:02
Regular
It's not the only way but I agree - it is good
Mon 21/02/05 at 11:28
"Woooooooooooooooooo"
I think that new games have combined genres together to make it better. Unreal C 2 for example has mixed 1st person with 3rd person and GTA SA has combined RPG with Shooter. I reckon They should keep doing this because its the only way that games can get any better

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.