GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Favour, Mes Amis..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/06/04 at 22:59
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
[URL]http://files.filefront.com/2231818;/pub2/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_3/Add_Ons[/URL]

I like so need this. It's rubbish making Juventus hammer Trad Bricks 5-0 all the time. I'd prefer it if it were Man United.

Anyway, here's the thang.

It's a 71mb file - which I'd have no problems downloading (hell, I downloaded a 80mb demo t'other night no problems whatsoever).

However. This file is hosted on Filefront, who have this queueing system. So when I get disconnected after 2 hours by Freeserve on my 56k, I get shoved to the back of this queue, and so my auto-download software is rendered useless (whereas normally, it'd simply auto-reconnect me, and resume from where it left off).

So effectively, Filefront is rubbish.
Now here's the thing, m'ladies.

If you have broadband and can host files (yes, you can see what's coming), and would be interested in doing me a favour (which is relatively nothing if you have broadband) then say so please, and I shall give you my addy.

Cheers.
Tue 22/06/04 at 23:33
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Shall do - I'll leave it to it tonight.
Tue 22/06/04 at 23:28
Regular
It is, all queue systems are sh*te. Try Gozilla, when I was on 56K I used it for bigger downloads as I used to get disconnected all the time, it takes a few minutes but it does reconnect to the server to continue your download.
Tue 22/06/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
That's the thing though, I'm using Getright.

What happens is, once I reconnect, the file like apparently disappears from the server or something, as Getright can't find the file again once I'm reconnected. It's only Filefront that it happens with, which does indeed draw me to the conclusion that their queue crap is rubbish.

:(
Tue 22/06/04 at 23:13
Regular
If you want it ASAP grab Gozilla or something similar, lob Spyware/Adware on, then you can pause the download etc and then remove when you have finished to avoid all the crap that comes with them.
Tue 22/06/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Cheers.
Tue 22/06/04 at 23:06
Regular
"NULL"
If nobody else has offered by tomorrow morning, I'll do it for you, but I'm about to turn my PC off now.
Tue 22/06/04 at 22:59
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
[URL]http://files.filefront.com/2231818;/pub2/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_3/Add_Ons[/URL]

I like so need this. It's rubbish making Juventus hammer Trad Bricks 5-0 all the time. I'd prefer it if it were Man United.

Anyway, here's the thang.

It's a 71mb file - which I'd have no problems downloading (hell, I downloaded a 80mb demo t'other night no problems whatsoever).

However. This file is hosted on Filefront, who have this queueing system. So when I get disconnected after 2 hours by Freeserve on my 56k, I get shoved to the back of this queue, and so my auto-download software is rendered useless (whereas normally, it'd simply auto-reconnect me, and resume from where it left off).

So effectively, Filefront is rubbish.
Now here's the thing, m'ladies.

If you have broadband and can host files (yes, you can see what's coming), and would be interested in doing me a favour (which is relatively nothing if you have broadband) then say so please, and I shall give you my addy.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.