GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone help me with a problem?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Theme Park World'.
Tue 14/11/06 at 15:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I've had Theme Park World for years. I used to play it all the time. Now I just fancy playing it again, so I need to reinstall it, which I have done. Installation appeared to go perfectly.

But when I try to play it, the logo animation and the opening FMV will play normally. Then, sometimes the main menu will load, and sometimes it won't. When it doesn't, I get Windows XP's error reporting dialog. When the main menu (lobby) does load, all works fine, until i select a park. When i select a park, the park spins round and the camera zooms in while fading to black which is perfectly normal, but as soon as the screen is totally black and the level actually starts to load, I get XP's error reporting dialog again.

Any help please?

Oh, and I have installed patch 2 from themeparkworld.com
Thu 16/11/06 at 10:12
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Okay, the problem is sorted now. It finally runs! But because I missed a step accidentally in Sold Out's instructions for sorting it, I now have a game file which I can't access because I don't have any golden keys, and you need at least one to get into the first park!

So I deleted that game file and al lis well now and I can actually play it. But I've hit a new snag: controlling the bloody thing! I can't move around the land to build the park!

Edit: All sorted now. Thanks guys!
Tue 14/11/06 at 17:42
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Updating your graphics card drivers is the obvious first step.

TPW is pretty old is it not? You could try fiddling with XP's compatibility modes on the exe.
Tue 14/11/06 at 16:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've had similar issues with other games, it was usually driver related (I've had to update my router firmware, graphics cards drivers, even my BIOS in one instance in the past to correct issues with some of my games).

I'd suggest heading over to Themeparkworld tech support forums and looking to see if anyone has had similar issues.
Tue 14/11/06 at 16:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I have now, and it still has the same problem.
Tue 14/11/06 at 15:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Have you tried putting 'Theme park world xp' through google? It usually answers any questions I have with XP compatibility.
Tue 14/11/06 at 15:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I've had Theme Park World for years. I used to play it all the time. Now I just fancy playing it again, so I need to reinstall it, which I have done. Installation appeared to go perfectly.

But when I try to play it, the logo animation and the opening FMV will play normally. Then, sometimes the main menu will load, and sometimes it won't. When it doesn't, I get Windows XP's error reporting dialog. When the main menu (lobby) does load, all works fine, until i select a park. When i select a park, the park spins round and the camera zooms in while fading to black which is perfectly normal, but as soon as the screen is totally black and the level actually starts to load, I get XP's error reporting dialog again.

Any help please?

Oh, and I have installed patch 2 from themeparkworld.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.