GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Friggin' LAN Sharing Hell"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/06/04 at 19:28
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!

*ahem*

I have 2 PC's linked by a crossover cable. The main one is connected to a cable modem. The rubbishy second one refuses to access the internet, and continues to tell me to work offline. It was working fine until recently, and only now has it started to royally **** me off.

Any thoughts? If you need more info or think you could help better over MSN, i'm [email protected].

Thanks all, p
Sat 26/06/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
ICS works fine for me, it even switches to a different network when I connect it to my other computer and sets itself up
Wed 23/06/04 at 20:45
Regular
"NULL"
I used to use AnalogX Proxy when we had a networked 56k connection with AOL. It's a fantastic piece of software. Like you say, it's not the most functional, but it can do most things you need (or you can find another way to do something like creative use of port-fowarding) and it's very stable.
Wed 23/06/04 at 19:58
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
ICS is very annoying at times, I have used http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/proxy.htm before, although not perfect or easy to setup it hardly fails
Tue 22/06/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Exactly the same scenario as me.

You're using XP right?

Goto the PC with the internet, goto network connections and right click the internet one, there should be an option to allow another computer to access the internet through that one.

Then goto the internet options on the second PC, select never dial a connection and in LAN settings make sure nothing is selected.

After writing that, I've just found the 'proper' page.

[URL]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/ics.mspx[/URL]
Tue 22/06/04 at 19:28
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!

*ahem*

I have 2 PC's linked by a crossover cable. The main one is connected to a cable modem. The rubbishy second one refuses to access the internet, and continues to tell me to work offline. It was working fine until recently, and only now has it started to royally **** me off.

Any thoughts? If you need more info or think you could help better over MSN, i'm [email protected].

Thanks all, p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.