GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 online? prices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 13:11
Regular
"no nonsense"
thinking about buying a ps2. i already have an xbox and xbox live and i have no problems with it at all, infact i love it.

i really want mgs3 though and i was dying to get gta san andreas when that was out. ofcourse, there will be plenty more games out for the ps2 that are great.

also, what are the cost to start playing on the ps2 online. is it expensive? i mean xbox live was £30 starter pack, ethernet cable tenner, network card tenner. now i have a router so connection is easy.
Tue 22/02/05 at 14:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
PT is actually pretty bad online. Looks good, but other players are... Well, let's leave it to the imagination.
Tue 22/02/05 at 14:03
Regular
It's a popular one. As is Killzone, SOCOM 1&2, Burnout 3, Splinter Cell:PT etc.
Tue 22/02/05 at 13:59
Regular
"no nonsense"
okay cheers, what are the best online games for the ps2 then? is thug2 any good online?
Tue 22/02/05 at 13:40
Regular
As for cables and routers etc, you need not buy anything else seeing as you now have a router.

But, if you already have Xbox Live, you won't really be impressed with PSOnline.
Tue 22/02/05 at 13:39
Regular
The slim PStwo has an integrated Network Adapter, saving you £20.

The service is free as already said, except for MMORPGs which charge a Monthyl fee.
Tue 22/02/05 at 13:16
Regular
"hulagadoo"
You just need to buy a network adaptor for £19.99 and you can play. Theres no subscription or that other than Everquest online which is pay monthly as its an MMORPG
Tue 22/02/05 at 13:11
Regular
"no nonsense"
thinking about buying a ps2. i already have an xbox and xbox live and i have no problems with it at all, infact i love it.

i really want mgs3 though and i was dying to get gta san andreas when that was out. ofcourse, there will be plenty more games out for the ps2 that are great.

also, what are the cost to start playing on the ps2 online. is it expensive? i mean xbox live was £30 starter pack, ethernet cable tenner, network card tenner. now i have a router so connection is easy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.