GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Printer Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/06/04 at 13:56
Regular
Oh no, surely I've not been ripped off on ebay?

Well, my 'tested and fully working' printer arrived busted. Although the guy had perfect feedback, it was a fairly cheap sale (presumably not worth obtaining good feedback then screwing someone over for some money), and refunded me when postage worked out cheaper than expected. So he seemed very honest.

It's a HP DeskJet 340, when switched on all error lights flash.
I had a look on the HP web site's help pages, when this happens you press the paper feed button and see which lights remain on to find out the error.

The paper feed light remained on, and the HP web site tells me this means there is either:

A paper jam (there isn't, but maybe something inside the printer is jamming it)
or
The 'Out Of Paper Sensor' is defective. It says to get the printer serviced, but I suspect that'd cost more than the printer is worth.

Either way, I'd like to try to tackle the problem myself.

Any idea of what I should be doing, or how to fix a faulty 'out of paper sensor'?
Wed 23/06/04 at 05:35
Regular
"Ka mate! Ka ora!"
Check that the paper rollers / guides have not come moved out of possition in transit. Also check that the paper sensor is moving freely and not snagged in the up posistion.
Anahera.
Tue 22/06/04 at 19:36
Regular
Nobody has any ideas then?

*Hates printers*
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:56
Regular
Oh no, surely I've not been ripped off on ebay?

Well, my 'tested and fully working' printer arrived busted. Although the guy had perfect feedback, it was a fairly cheap sale (presumably not worth obtaining good feedback then screwing someone over for some money), and refunded me when postage worked out cheaper than expected. So he seemed very honest.

It's a HP DeskJet 340, when switched on all error lights flash.
I had a look on the HP web site's help pages, when this happens you press the paper feed button and see which lights remain on to find out the error.

The paper feed light remained on, and the HP web site tells me this means there is either:

A paper jam (there isn't, but maybe something inside the printer is jamming it)
or
The 'Out Of Paper Sensor' is defective. It says to get the printer serviced, but I suspect that'd cost more than the printer is worth.

Either way, I'd like to try to tackle the problem myself.

Any idea of what I should be doing, or how to fix a faulty 'out of paper sensor'?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.