GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mint condition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 19:22
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Who here keeps there games in mint condition? I mean, who hasn't got a scratch on anyone of there games, always get full price back in trade ins...meh. My two little brothers have covered most of my games in scratches, but there still playable, right?
Sat 26/02/05 at 10:12
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Yeah. probably...
Wed 23/02/05 at 19:38
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
MrGlitch wrote:
> I DO! Its just, when im out, its my two year olds brothers mission to
> get them. He pulls up a stall, pulls out half of the contents of my
> shelf, opens the case and tries to put five games in the gamecube at
> once!

Along with his dummy, thomas the tank train and the contents of his nappy!
Urgh!
Wed 23/02/05 at 19:36
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
I DO! Its just, when im out, its my two year olds brothers mission to get them. He pulls up a stall, pulls out half of the contents of my shelf, opens the case and tries to put five games in the gamecube at once!
Wed 23/02/05 at 17:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't see how you get your games scratched. Just put them back in the box when you're not using them. It's really really really easy. You deserve everything you get if you just leave your discs lying around exposed.
Wed 23/02/05 at 17:08
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Mav wrote:
> I keep my games in good nick, but I'm not obsessive about it.
>
> As long as it works, I'm alright. I don't buy them to be digged out
> in fifty years time and auctioned off.

Bet you'll end up doing it though!
Wed 23/02/05 at 17:03
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
All mine are in perfect condition! Cube discs and N64 cartridges. I still have EVERY box for my N64 games (in a box in the loft) and every Cube disc is unscratched, mainly becuase I wont let anybody get their grubby little mits on 'em!

They're mine, all mine!! My preciouuuuuss!
Wed 23/02/05 at 16:59
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Its just every shop i went to in cambridge to trade in PoP2, they all asked:
is it in good condition?
Does it matter? as long as the game works, ill buy it.
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well of course you don't want your games scratched up. If they're going round a mates is the only time they might get scratched.. Mario Kart which gets used the most sometimes doesn't work but otherwise they're all in pretty good nick.
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:40
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Scratches will lower the selling price of a game considerably. Happened to me, the scratches must have been small as I checked them before selling them and couldn't see any. Got £30 for 7 games. I was disgusted.
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:30
Regular
Generally scrathes to the underside of disks are ok, so long as they are not so deep. The misconception is that the underside is the more fragile side and is the side that eeds to be taken greater care over. In fact it is the other way around. The top side of all disks is the most fragile and any sctraches on this side would permenantly damage the content. If you have a spare cd-r then take a look at the side view of them, there is about 3mm of plastic protecting the underside whilst the top side has none or relativly little, even though that is where the data is written, on the metallic layer on the top of the disc. Minor scratches on the bottom of disks only affest the laser beam reading the disk, they can be cleaned up very easily with no lasting damage to the disk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.