GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Audio/Music Volume Modifying (Just Read...)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/06/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
No idea what to put for the title really.

Anyway...

Some of the songs I have on my HD are of much lower volume than others - ie, if a certain song comes on, it's rather quiet. So I have to go to the effort of adjusting my tetchy speakers. Then the next song comes on, and I'm deafened.

So, is there any kind of software or something that allows me to edit the volume of particular songs?

Any other kind of help would be very helpful.
Cheers.

It's just really, really annoying - especially considering that when I turn the the knob (shut up) on my speakers, one side usually cuts out (I've got headphones attatched) and I have to just twitch it and stuff till it comes back.
So ta.
Sat 19/06/04 at 17:16
Regular
"NULL"
Use AudioGrabber. It's totally freeware now and very powerful. You wanna turn on the Normalisation feature to about 98%. This will equalise the volume of all your tracks. Also, Windows Media Player can normalise your existing media library. It takes ages though, but you could just leave it overnight to do what it has to. You get to it by doing "Add new tracks to library" or whatever the option is.
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:56
"Majestic"
no problemo
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:53
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> [URL]http://www.download.com/MP3BR-Normalizer/3000-2141-10170679.html?tag=lst-0-1[/URL]
> its shareware, but you should be able to do all your adjusting before
> the trail runs out.

Brilliant, cheers.
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:36
"Majestic"
I think freerip also has a volume adjusting feature, and thats free...
but your probably best off with the first link i posted:

For Freerip [URL]http://www.download.com/FreeRip/3000-2140-10283806.html?tag=lst-0-6[/URL]
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:33
"Majestic"
[URL]http://www.download.com/MP3BR-Normalizer/3000-2141-10170679.html?tag=lst-0-1[/URL] its shareware, but you should be able to do all your adjusting before the trail runs out.

Alternatively have you tried converting these files to Windows media audio - that sometime rectifies that problem.

I'll post some more programs when i find them =)
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
No idea what to put for the title really.

Anyway...

Some of the songs I have on my HD are of much lower volume than others - ie, if a certain song comes on, it's rather quiet. So I have to go to the effort of adjusting my tetchy speakers. Then the next song comes on, and I'm deafened.

So, is there any kind of software or something that allows me to edit the volume of particular songs?

Any other kind of help would be very helpful.
Cheers.

It's just really, really annoying - especially considering that when I turn the the knob (shut up) on my speakers, one side usually cuts out (I've got headphones attatched) and I have to just twitch it and stuff till it comes back.
So ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.