GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Agobot"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/06/04 at 13:37
"Majestic"
sexy.agobot.biz keeps on wanting to connect to the internet. I get a request every 10 seconds; and I don't know how to get rid of it.

I only formatted my machine a week ago, installed and configured Pipex, and downloaded mozilla... I haven’t been looking at dodgy sites, and I haven’t installed any file sharing programs, its just appeared out of the blue. I have a firewall, although my sister knocked it off for 10 minutes the other day - and I have a virus scanner - which is not detecting anything. I also have ad-aware which hasn’t got rid of the sexy.agobot.biz either.

Does anybody else have this problem, and more importantly does anybody know how to get rid?

Cheers

:D iscodexy

Quick update:
[B][I]I've managed to suss what the file name is on the process list.
its wuawx.exe i searched for it on the find files, but its not there so if i cannot find it, i cannot delete it. When i end the wuawx.exe process sexy.ago.bot no longer asks to connect.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:07
Regular
"I'm your huckleberr"
I know who owns that botnet, lol. Find me online and I'll tell you how to get rid of the file.

AIM: ScottVESG
MSN: [email protected]
Y!: Philes4U
Sun 20/06/04 at 11:09
"Majestic"
I'll try that later,
ta
Sat 19/06/04 at 18:20
Regular
"Digging!"
Hva you set ad-aware to scan everything, including the HD? If not do so. Also, to remove it if that doesn't work get jv16 powertools, use its search function and its forced delete.
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:59
"Majestic"
Yes, thats great stuff, now that darn Agobot won't start up - thanks alot mate.

Just getting rid of it thats the problem - but for now you've done me proud!
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Start > run > Type msconfig

Click the startup tab.

See if it is listed there, and uncheck the box.
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:28
"Majestic"
yeah, i have done that too - still no joy.

[B][I]I've managed to suss what the file name is on the process list.
its wuawx.exe i searched for it on the find files, but its not there so if i cannot find it, i cannot delete it. When i end the wuawx.exe process sexy.ago.bot no longer asks to connect.
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Have you got the latest build of adaware and the latest reference file installed?

Build can be found at this site: [URL]www.lavasoftusa.com[/URL]

Use the update option in Adaware to update the reference file.
Sat 19/06/04 at 14:36
"Majestic"
I got ad-aware, but all it seems to find is tracking cookies.
ummm cookies...
Sat 19/06/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Isn't it normally spyware or something trying to connect to the internet so it can relay information?

Just get a spyware scanner or something and scan.
Sat 19/06/04 at 13:46
"Majestic"
Thanks, but i looked there, i'm a bit sceptical about online virus scans.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.