GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS3 Fire."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/04/01 at 12:29
Regular
Has anyone read the latest Official UK Playstation Mag? The article concerning the PS3.
What I cannot believe is that a magazine which I have always believed to be informative and unbiased has printed, what is essentially a rumour, but worded it as fact!
For anyone who hasn't read it, the article concerns the rumours that the GSCube will eventually become the Emotion Engine 2 (For the ps3) and a new chip unveiled at some dull american conference as the new graphics processor.
This is all well and good, but the only difference appears to be a big dollop more ram.
However OPSM stated that well have Jurassic-Park quality graphics and that the PS2 to PS3 leap will be greater than that between the PSOne and PS2.
I am simply shocked that OPSM would succumb to such unfounded rumour-mongering!
Fri 04/05/01 at 20:48
By saying this I probably won't have an affect on the future of Sony, but this is what I want the PS2 to be:

An add-on (for the PS2) that makes it faster, increases the graphics capability and touches-up the slight jaggies and aliasing seen in some games.
Tue 01/05/01 at 19:06
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
wunder how many consoles sony will make
Tue 01/05/01 at 16:12
mmmmm? mmmmmm? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
Tue 01/05/01 at 11:34
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT - BUT PLEASE DON'T WRITE IN CAPITALS! We can hear you already!!! Ahhh, the voices!
Tue 01/05/01 at 01:21
I think that sony should just stick with ps2 and just make add-ons to make it more superior, and hi-tech, because
A, IT'S MUCH CHEAPER FOR US PEASANTS STRAPPED FOR CASH
B, PS2 PLAYS DVD'S WHICH IS AWESOME, WILL PS3?
C, IF FAULTY GOODS ARE COMMON WITH PS2, GOD KNOWS HOW BAD IT WILL BE WITH A MORE POWERFULL MACHINE.
BUT I SUPPOSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT'S JUST THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:24
Regular
Good to see you came over to the PS2 forum Slim.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:22
Regular
PS3 te earlyist its comin out is 2005
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:10
Regular
Just think about the programming skill required though. Mind blowing when you think about it!
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:02
Or better than life, to use an old Red Dwarf episode title. Realistic graphics, in unrealistic environments. But ultimately you can improve graphics as much as you like (and it's probably only restricted by the hardware, the physics engine and the graphics team's imagination and skill), but capturing 'realistic' intelligence is the Holy Grail for me. Unless we just end up playing against other people online of course. And as much as the media keeps hyping online play, it can be a pretty mediocre experience. Avoiding the cliques, and sad to say, the almost moronic chat in some cases. A lot of the time you may as well be playing against a CPU. If only it was more frequently the gaming utopia we want....
Tue 24/04/01 at 19:22
Regular
khazar wrote:
> How much better can the graphics get

They will probably stop getting better when they are indistinguishable from real life. Though I wouildn`t put it past Sony to think up a new definition of reality.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.