GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Creative Zen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/06/04 at 22:38
Ages ago I read about someone\\\\\\\'s Zen which eventually died on them when the headphone socket seemed to sink into the body of it where eventually all sound went altogether unless with deft fiddling with the plug.

Who was that?

Mine\\\\\\\'s seems to be starting to do the same, and I was wondering if it could be a product fault that I could perhaps get replaced? My model is a DAP-HD0009 bought new from eBay last year, but I don\\\\\\\'t know if I can get it replaced without a warranty. Any ideas?

It might just need a quick repair, tightening of some screws or pushing the socket upwards when I\\\\\\\'ve unscrewed the case but I don\\\\\\\'t know whetehr this would void the warranty. There aren\\\\\\\'t any Sony style stickers blocking off the screws, so It might not, but I don\\\\\\\'t know if I can risk ruining it even further, or not getting a replacement.
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:38
Ages ago I read about someone\\\\\\\'s Zen which eventually died on them when the headphone socket seemed to sink into the body of it where eventually all sound went altogether unless with deft fiddling with the plug.

Who was that?

Mine\\\\\\\'s seems to be starting to do the same, and I was wondering if it could be a product fault that I could perhaps get replaced? My model is a DAP-HD0009 bought new from eBay last year, but I don\\\\\\\'t know if I can get it replaced without a warranty. Any ideas?

It might just need a quick repair, tightening of some screws or pushing the socket upwards when I\\\\\\\'ve unscrewed the case but I don\\\\\\\'t know whetehr this would void the warranty. There aren\\\\\\\'t any Sony style stickers blocking off the screws, so It might not, but I don\\\\\\\'t know if I can risk ruining it even further, or not getting a replacement.
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Colourless"
I have a Creative Zen Nomad Jukebox methinks. Works ok for me. No problems as yet.

You and mattribute are having the same ' problem though...
Sat 19/06/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Get the Ipod its way better ;)
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:44
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
*Waves*

My headphone socket sunk out of reach a while ago - I've been e-mailing Creative (for a long time..) and they agreed to replace it under warrenty. It does sound like a product fault, though mine also had a dodgy battery and broken backlight. Had a customer come in this morning with another broken zen, where both the up and down volume controls turned the volume down - just can't recommend it as a product any more.

Now, the Muvo2 on the other hand.. :)

I didn't try fiddling with it myself, was easier to just get on to their tech department, but even if it could be pushed back up I'd imagine it'd soon happen again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.