GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much better can graphics get"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Lock Stock & Barrel"
How much better do you think that graphics are relly going to get,what will be next?, The Graphics Today are Brilliant but what will be next!?
Mon 25/04/05 at 11:38
Regular
"lets go back"
Graphics are going to keep getting better as the years go on. I remember playing Ridge Racer Revolution on the Playstation and thinking that it was so lifelike. And then when the original Gran Tourismo came out the bar was raised again. At the time you think that nothing can be better but if you look back at some of those old games there is a huge difference in visual quality.
Sat 23/04/05 at 01:16
"Runescape Cash!!!!"
I do, and just click my click here messenger on Runescape Helper to get easy items or money on RS!!!!!
Sat 23/04/05 at 01:15
"Runescape Cash!!!!"
Yo, if anyone needs free money or items on Runescape, [URL] http://tmtgames.tripod.com [/URL] to go to the official tmtgames site!!!!!!!
Sat 05/03/05 at 03:16
Regular
"Catch it!"
pig-king wrote:
> crossbob wrote:
> Who's played on Runescape?
>
> me

Whats your name on it?
Fri 04/03/05 at 02:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The graphics of today are nowhere near their best.

Half Life 2 and Doom 3 still need Anti-Aliasing, even Condemned, SEGA's next gen outing, has dead straight walls and crap textures. Graphics will keep getting better until they're life-like.

What amazes me, is that on XBOX 2 you could technically have a full XBOX game as an extra.

Clever, all this technology.
Thu 24/02/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
crossbob wrote:

Haven't played that in aages... :)
Thu 24/02/05 at 17:28
Regular
crossbob wrote:

me
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:18
Regular
Normal mapping will slowly branch out in the near future which will add a certain fancy factor to quite a few games I think. Although it's not a massive change, it's one which will happen now instead of later, demonstrated by several games already using it (fe. Chronicles of Riddick). Something I'm noticing a lot at the moment is the ever increasing use of the bloom effect. It's nice and all, but seems to be getting over used - there's even a mod for ut2k4 to enable a bloom :]

In the future... polygon counts for single scenes will obviously increase, but as I stated earlier normal mapping is on the increase. Due to this we'll see an increase in polygons being used, but the actual increase probably won't be as much as most people expect. Despite this, the end product (i.e. a game with a hell of a lot of polys combined with normal mapping) will be a tasty visual. I mean you only have to look at the screenshots of Unreal engine 3 to see all of this.

crossbob wrote:
> I think they will put real people moving around in games soon like
> real film of real humans!

Makes me think of the old Mortal Kombat games when the characters were in effect actually real people, some delightful extras on the latest MK offering which looks at this in a bit more depth.
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Catch it!"
Who's played on Runescape?
Thu 24/02/05 at 12:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
doesn't matter how good they are if there's companies still producing 2D sprite based strategy RPG's that's what i'll be playing the most :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.