GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Ideas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 22:52
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I know many were fond of Wind Waker and its bold move towards Cel-Shaded graphics, it seems that after that game we cried for something better something a bit more realistic in tone in the future and it seems we are getting that from what we have seen and heard.
We also wanted no more endless seas to sail on as well, we want many things corrected, which brings me to this- What would be needed for this new Zelda for it to topple Ocarina of Time?

I think for a start it should have an overworld, a large extended Hyrule field of some sort that is filled with surprises and abundant with things to do. The draw distance should be wonderful, we should be able to see where we want to go.... for miles- like a house miles in the distance and at night, with its windows shining out a feint light. We should see enemies all around, like wolves, moblins and so forth. And Nintendo should at least include the forest they showed at last years E3, it looked like a proper forest, with proper trees, it too should be brimmed full of things to do. And yeah, we should get lost.
How about a nice little fishing section similiar to the Ocarina of Time version but expanded upon and made better, I can fondly think back of the hours I spent in that one section of that game trying to find a better lure, then only spending further hours just to catch the Hyrulian Loach!- Wind Waker and Majorahs Mask lacked this.
And we should have an Orchestra instead of Midi for the music, imagine if they done that?!
And what of the Name for the game? I've heard "Gates of the Realm" hoax being threw around the net many times over including this wonderful hoax of a box: [URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ussj99gotenks/zboxes2goldjpeg0ph.jpg[/URL] but im sure the eventual name will stick, as has the others so it isn't that important. But I do think they SHOULD NOT have voice acting, I don't think the series is ready for it and I think it would spoil the overall enjoyment, perhaps the odd voice yes-but not on the scale of Final Fantasy X or Shenmue.
Am I asking for much? I think Nintendo will address a few I have mentioned, atleast I hope, but I know that if I myself was to sit down and give them a proper detailed list of what to have, they would cancel it for Gamecube altogether and have it for Revolution.
Wed 23/02/05 at 22:52
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I know many were fond of Wind Waker and its bold move towards Cel-Shaded graphics, it seems that after that game we cried for something better something a bit more realistic in tone in the future and it seems we are getting that from what we have seen and heard.
We also wanted no more endless seas to sail on as well, we want many things corrected, which brings me to this- What would be needed for this new Zelda for it to topple Ocarina of Time?

I think for a start it should have an overworld, a large extended Hyrule field of some sort that is filled with surprises and abundant with things to do. The draw distance should be wonderful, we should be able to see where we want to go.... for miles- like a house miles in the distance and at night, with its windows shining out a feint light. We should see enemies all around, like wolves, moblins and so forth. And Nintendo should at least include the forest they showed at last years E3, it looked like a proper forest, with proper trees, it too should be brimmed full of things to do. And yeah, we should get lost.
How about a nice little fishing section similiar to the Ocarina of Time version but expanded upon and made better, I can fondly think back of the hours I spent in that one section of that game trying to find a better lure, then only spending further hours just to catch the Hyrulian Loach!- Wind Waker and Majorahs Mask lacked this.
And we should have an Orchestra instead of Midi for the music, imagine if they done that?!
And what of the Name for the game? I've heard "Gates of the Realm" hoax being threw around the net many times over including this wonderful hoax of a box: [URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ussj99gotenks/zboxes2goldjpeg0ph.jpg[/URL] but im sure the eventual name will stick, as has the others so it isn't that important. But I do think they SHOULD NOT have voice acting, I don't think the series is ready for it and I think it would spoil the overall enjoyment, perhaps the odd voice yes-but not on the scale of Final Fantasy X or Shenmue.
Am I asking for much? I think Nintendo will address a few I have mentioned, atleast I hope, but I know that if I myself was to sit down and give them a proper detailed list of what to have, they would cancel it for Gamecube altogether and have it for Revolution.
Wed 23/02/05 at 23:25
Regular
It'll never be what Zelda OOT WAS because I don't think there's the same big step to take. When OOT first came out, so much of it had never been done before. This'll have a couple of new features, but it'll never be the same.

I think that the only way for a game to satisfy my expectations is for me to have none in the first place. So I'm not even going to think about, read about, hear about etc what this game is supposed to be like, and see if I can enjoy it for what it actually is.

I know where Windwaker disappointed me.
It wasn't the Cel Shading that disappointed me, it was the relatively limited use they made of it. It was ok, but not the usual Nintendo spectacular. They'd've done better to get some professional Animé animators in to really bring the game to life. As it was, the game had the usual "polygon dummies" with a coat of flat paint.

And the adventure was a little naff...
Perhaps not by it's own standard but by Zelda reputation...
It's like they dumped the Zelda franchise into a pirate adventure.
I guess that's the result of them trying to be "revolutionary" for the sake of "revolutionary" rather than exploring new idea's for their actual potential.

I reckon that Nintendo will have their feet a bit more planted firmly on the ground this time, and hopefully Link will to. Windwaker made me seasick! :-D
Thu 24/02/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Will it surpass OoT though? not equal it but actually surpass it?
If they focused on killer graphics that would be another leap for the series, imagine though looking out from a hill top and seeing the layout of the land beloww and beyond for miles on end- and looking good on top! That's what should be aimed for, fine detail. Something that has yet to be done, like 3D was before OoT.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
We had a big ole discussion about this a couple of weeks/months back. I'll search it out for you
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
haven't found it yet but here's the one about Revolution Zelda.

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=115548&forumid=132[/URL]
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
aha here we go

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=117725&forumid=132[/URL]
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:42
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Why do so many people consider The Wind Waker to be inferior to the other Zelda's because of the visuals? It gave the series a breath of fresh air. I'm glad that the next one will drop the cel-shading but I'm equally glad it was used in The Wind Waker.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:53
Regular
My plot idea > all

Also, a blacksmith would r0xor

YOu get one weapon, and tehn you upgrade it as you please.

But after each upgrade, comes certain other upgrades, so, after like 6 upgrades, you could have had, say 100 different swords, depending which way you'd gone about upgrading it.
Thu 24/02/05 at 17:02
Regular
"The definitive tag"
munn wrote:
> My plot idea all
>
> Also, a blacksmith would r0xor
>
> YOu get one weapon, and tehn you upgrade it as you please.
>
> But after each upgrade, comes certain other upgrades, so, after like
> 6 upgrades, you could have had, say 100 different swords, depending
> which way you'd gone about upgrading it.

Kinda like Metroid Prime where you are always getting improvements to the rifle?
Thu 24/02/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Or, Ninty could put in 200 Gold Skulltulas. Or some Gold Skulltulas,

Just as long as they're spread across the land.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.