GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone received Power Tennis?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Power Tennis'.
Thu 24/02/05 at 11:18
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Just got it and had a few sets on it and so far it's looking a very good game. Power moves can slow down the flow of the game, but I'm growing a liking to them. Anyone elses thoughts?
Thu 03/03/05 at 20:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm still waiting.

And now they're out of stock.

Fan-fecking-tastic.
Mon 28/02/05 at 15:08
Regular
Mario Tennis is much better than Golf to me Golf was good but got boring Tennis is just hectic with the power shots and class without :D
Mon 28/02/05 at 14:32
Regular
It addressed some of the issues but created a host of new ones.

Samey environments, that terrible rock soundtrack, too many combo's in the fighting system... etc... etc...
Sun 27/02/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Great with butter"
> Don't bother with the new Prince.
> Really, really sucky.
>
> Well, quite good and then really, really sucky for a long time and
> endlessly irritating. And then quite good again.

I found P.O.P 2 really good. Its a lot darker and it has lost a lot of its charm, but many of the predecessor's flaws have been addressed brilliantly.

As for Camelot and their sports titles, I have always found them very enjoyable, but Mario Power Tennis looks a bit messy. Mario Golf GC was great in my opinion, but it got SO boring after a while.
Sat 26/02/05 at 18:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Been playing this a lot multiplayer wise. Its brilliant but I'm dissapointed with the lack of a two-player doubles Tournie. I was looking forward to this.
Sat 26/02/05 at 00:01
Regular
FFF has got POP2 down to a T.
Fri 25/02/05 at 16:36
"period drama"
Rickoss wrote:
TS3, VJ2, Wario Ware etc. are just around the corner, and I
> still need to pick up King of Swing and Prince of Persia.

Don't bother with the new Prince.
Really, really sucky.

Well, quite good and then really, really sucky for a long time and endlessly irritating. And then quite good again.
Fri 25/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Didn't get mine today.

Hopefully it'll have arrived tomorrow.
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, the reviews I've read say it's near perfect.

Beautiful, fantastic gameplay, only ruined by some gimmicks and these power shots, that can be turned off for multiplayer anyway.

I haven't seen a bad review, at all.
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:23
Regular
Nah, Mario Golf was rubbish.

Power Tennis reviews aren't that good, but most of them say it's a little too much like the 64 version, which I haven't played. I'll probably pick it up someday anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.