GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Franchises"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
What exactly are Nintendo working on themselves in-house? Take a look at this list:
(Included are games that they loaned their own characters to including ones they have rights to)

Mario Party Series 1-6- Hudson (Developers of Bomberman)
Starfox Adventures- Rare
Starfox Assault- Namco
F-Zero GX/AX- Sega Amusement Vision
Mario Dance Dance Revolution- Konami
Mario Pinball- Fuse
Mario Kart GP (Possible GC release)- Namco
Mario Power Tennis- Camelot
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour- Camelot
Paper Mario and the Thousand year door- Intelligent Systems
Donkey Konga 1-3- Namco
DK King of Swing- Paon
Pokemon Colesseum- Genius Sonority
Zelda Minish Cap- Capcom
Metroid Prime 1-2- Retro

Then we have Nintendo Characters in games such as- EA Fight Night Round 2 and a Full Super Nintendo Game.
Also NBA Street V.2 featuring Nintendo characters not to mention the Capcom Games featuring Disney's Mickey Mouse who Nintendo own the Game rights to (hence Mickey not appearing in Kingdom Heart concidering he is the Disney Mascot).
And then we have some sort of deal with THQ for that company to develop games with Nintendo characters as well!

What are Nintendo at? What is all their time being devoted to I wonder? I sincerely hope its for something productive, or maybe Nintendo have got quite Lazy? Miyamoto remember had taken a step back as producer to a more supervisory role in the past few games.
Anyone notice the trend?
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
What exactly are Nintendo working on themselves in-house? Take a look at this list:
(Included are games that they loaned their own characters to including ones they have rights to)

Mario Party Series 1-6- Hudson (Developers of Bomberman)
Starfox Adventures- Rare
Starfox Assault- Namco
F-Zero GX/AX- Sega Amusement Vision
Mario Dance Dance Revolution- Konami
Mario Pinball- Fuse
Mario Kart GP (Possible GC release)- Namco
Mario Power Tennis- Camelot
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour- Camelot
Paper Mario and the Thousand year door- Intelligent Systems
Donkey Konga 1-3- Namco
DK King of Swing- Paon
Pokemon Colesseum- Genius Sonority
Zelda Minish Cap- Capcom
Metroid Prime 1-2- Retro

Then we have Nintendo Characters in games such as- EA Fight Night Round 2 and a Full Super Nintendo Game.
Also NBA Street V.2 featuring Nintendo characters not to mention the Capcom Games featuring Disney's Mickey Mouse who Nintendo own the Game rights to (hence Mickey not appearing in Kingdom Heart concidering he is the Disney Mascot).
And then we have some sort of deal with THQ for that company to develop games with Nintendo characters as well!

What are Nintendo at? What is all their time being devoted to I wonder? I sincerely hope its for something productive, or maybe Nintendo have got quite Lazy? Miyamoto remember had taken a step back as producer to a more supervisory role in the past few games.
Anyone notice the trend?
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mario 128
New Zelda

If that's all they're making (doubt it), that's good enough for me.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Agree, if that is all they have time for there are NO excuses for a Sunshine-Windwaker-Double Dash quick rehash in my opinion!

Oh....and I forgot to put Mario Baseball on that list, being developed by Namco.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:55
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Cycloon wrote:
> Mario 128
> New Zelda
>
> If that's all they're making (doubt it), that's good enough for me.

Not good enough for me!

Mario 128 has been in some stage of development since the launch of the machine, so shouldn't be taking up too many peoples time to get done.

Might let them off slightly if the new Zelda turns out to be a Ocarina of Time CLASSIC.

But Nintendo do really need to be producing more games going by what a massive power house of a developer they are.

:)
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:21
Regular
They have a 500 man team working on the next Zelda game. The 5 disk behemoth will be 10 times the size of OOT with more than 50 dungeons and over 200 hours of side quests and bonuses.

Some Nintendo guy let me in on that information when ummmm....that's classified information.
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
hehe, that'd be good!

But people don't like BIG games anymore, that take more than half a day to complete. So this Zelda will be able to be completed in under 5 hrs, and full of Wario Ware style, Zelda themed mini-games.

:)
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No.

It needs to be bigger and better than anything ever.

+

Huge, but you can pick up and play as well.
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:49
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Im just looking forward to on horse battles.
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:53
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> No.
>
> It needs to be bigger and better than anything ever.
>
> +
>
> Huge, but you can pick up and play as well.

I think I'm in love.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:10
Regular
Pikmin?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.