GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why losing to France is good for England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/06/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Well, apart from hitting it into Sven Goran Erikson’s head that having James in goal and bringing Heskey on won’t win you matches, there are a couple of reasons England should fare better in the competition.

First of all, if we finish runners up in our group, our route through the tournament changes for the better. Considering the other groups and common sense, we shall now avoid teams like Italy, Germany, Holland and Latvia ;) The two toughest games we can go against before the final is against Spain and Sweden, both being very winnable games.

Second of all is how the match dates change. Again, finishing runner up in the group will schedule us for the first quarter final match on the 24th june. If we won this, our next match wouldn’t take place until the 30th june, 6 days later. Bearing in mind the stage of the tournment, these 6 days rest could actually make or break teams, and with the current run of injurys, these 6 days are very important to England.

Finally, we have the superstition reason. Records show that England fare well in tournaments when they lose their first group stage match. That’s why I’m pretty confident England “could” get to the final, although actually winning the tournment is a different thing altogether.
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:16
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> Another reason why losing was so good...
>
> Spain 1-1 Greece at the moment.
>
> Think about a quarter final tie with Greece... :P

Ye, keep thinking that!
Wed 16/06/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Colourless"
I'm sorry, but after two days of looking at this thread, I STILL DON'T SEE IT TO BE A GOOD THING THAT WE LOST TO FRANCE.
Wed 16/06/04 at 18:29
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Another reason why losing was so good...

Spain 1-1 Greece at the moment.

Think about a quarter final tie with Greece... :P
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Er... You'd rather we played Spain or Sweden - with the form their on - rather than an ageing German side, a Dutch team looking more JORDI than Johann Cruyff or, of course Latvia??

For me, Sweden have been one of the most under-rated sides in the tournaments for about 4 years now. They're so organised, they work together so well - and now, Henrik Larsson's back!

There's none of this "I'm bigger and on more money than you!!" business for a start! Do they even have newspapers over there??

And as for Spain, you never really know with them. One minute, there one of the teams of the tournament - and, with Brazil and Argentina out of the way, it could be about time Raul and co. showed who they really are.

I can see what you're saying, but... No. I'm always gonna be the first-in-line to bring any English optimism down to the floor. :)
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:02
Regular
": ("
My bad, I've just seen it on BBC one.

:P
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:01
Regular
": ("
Spain V Greece!!!

What channel is it on, I cant find it and I dont have Sky Sports!
Wed 16/06/04 at 10:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> It is not a good thing.
>
> However the team can look at it and say that even though they didn't
> play well they still led for 90-minutes.
>

Led for about 50 minutes actually.

Winning would obviously have been better, but they played well.
Wed 16/06/04 at 09:25
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
we will definatly win the next 2 games
Wed 16/06/04 at 09:25
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
your a nerd
Tue 15/06/04 at 23:49
Regular
I shall laugh myself silly at this thread if England dont get the results in thier next two games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.