GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading Festival full line up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/06/04 at 15:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Well it's out, what do you guys think

Go here www.readingfestival.com (I can't get the URL thing to work)

Not bad when you consider who you would actually go see.

And Avenged Sevenfold confirmed! Them and Coheed and Cambria make the conrete jungle stage!

Sunday is my fav day, even if 50 Cent plays, it's going to be funny as hell seeing him get booed and bottled half to death, that's if he even turns up after what will probably happen to him at Leeds.

(And if you think bottling bands is not cool, I don't care in this case, because 50 Cent is terrible, especially having him taking a main spot at a rock festival).
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:17
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Starlight wrote:
> But it's still mainly a rock festival, you just can't argue that it
> isn't.

Yes, it is. But there are always a few rap acts there, sometimes booked for the main stage (I remember now, some friends missed the darkness because they filled in for jay z's slot at leeds). So it's not "omg why da hell is fifty cent there".
Wed 16/06/04 at 15:23
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Jay Z pulled out last year Swander, dude. Eminem dueted with Marilyn Manson and their styles are both, hardcore wheras 50 Cent is just crap. God knows how Dizze Rascal got in this year either.

But it's still mainly a rock festival, you just can't argue that it isn't.

Beastie Boys and ACDC were huge rumours to play, but we get The Darkness, god knows what happened there. Theres no way they're a deserving headlining band.
Wed 16/06/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
swander wrote:
> Beastie Boys won't be there, I don't think :( but I'll try and catch
> their London gig.

When and where is this London gig you speak of?
Wed 16/06/04 at 10:30
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Starlight wrote:
> But now
> it's mainly a rock festival. Only this year a crap rap act like 50
> has got in.

There is a dance tent, Eminem, Jay Z and Prodigy have all headlined recently. 50 Cent being there isn't that uncharacteristic, just a bit crap.

Beastie Boys won't be there, I don't think :( but I'll try and catch their London gig.
Wed 16/06/04 at 10:09
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
And The Distillers were the special guest slot? Where's The Beastie Boys? Where's The Beastie Boys?

Sigh.

Here's to hoping that 50 Cent "Will be on the run from the police/gangsters" and the Beastie's step in to fill his spot.

Really looking forward to the Sunday, some seriously good bands throughout the day and stages.
Wed 16/06/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
There's quite a bit of Hip Hop this year. Mostly good as well; The Streets, Jurassic 5, Roots Manuva, Dizzee Rascal and Goldie Lookin' Chain seem quite funny and I think will be worth an early morning watch.
Tue 15/06/04 at 23:10
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
swander wrote:
> Reading isn't a rock festival, you bum.

Yes it is. It started as a Jazz festival, this is true. But now it's maily a rock festival. Only this year a crap rap act like 50 has got in.

Bum

At first when you look at the headliners they're not a patch on previous years especially Metallica and SOAD last year but when you consider how many bands you would go to see it pretty good.

Anyway Reading always has the best atmosphere, half the reason I go is because of the nightlife.
Tue 15/06/04 at 21:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not a bad lineup. Nothing to the one in 2002, when I couldn't afford it because of Tanzania trip.

*weeple*
Tue 15/06/04 at 21:02
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
It all sucks this year apart from like 6 bands which are spread across the 3 days.

May have to go to Sat just to see Avenged Sevenfold though. Saw Coheed like 2 weeks ago so not bothered about that. I'm seeing Killswitch Engage this sunday too at Astoria (london).
Tue 15/06/04 at 20:56
Regular
Friday sucks, Saturday...okay day, I'd only wanna see the Libertines, shame I never got the chance before Docherty turned into a retard, and Franz Ferdinand, who I've already seen. Sunday is a great day. Green Day, Placebo, LP, The Streets, Rasmus, Supergrass...to name a few.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.