GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Germany vs Holland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/06/04 at 14:36
Regular
Well this has the makings to be a top match and kick off is at 7.45pm so everyone should be home from work. So people, what are your predictions?
Wed 16/06/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Never been a fan of teams playing one up front, it hardly ever works (take note Ferguson) far too negative and you're relying far too much on the midfield to give pin point, precise passes to the lone front man.

Much better to have 2 front men as was shown as when Pierre came on the Dutch looked for more dangerous.
Wed 16/06/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The dutch were missing lack of support for Ruud upfront, you could see the difference when Van Hooijdonk came on. Colourless is right in saying Robben should have also been playing, Holland were playing through the middle too much until Overmars was brought on.
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Colourless"
Solskjær wrote:
> I'm not critisising van der Meyde, but there seemed to be something
> missing from the Dutch midfield in general...?

Arjen Robben.
Wed 16/06/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I can't understand why Dick Advocaat seems so happy to leave van Nistelrooy upfront completely on his own though...

Maybe his partnership with Patrick Kluivert hasn't come about to be as "Yorke-and-Cole" as we'd all like it to be, but there are other options - just look at what he and Scholes have done for Man. United.

I'm not critisising van der Meyde, but there seemed to be something missing from the Dutch midfield in general...?
Wed 16/06/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Another brilliant tight-angle finish from Ruud van Nistelrooy, but Henrik Larsson has really come to surprise me away from Celtic, on the international stage...

People are too quick to jump to the conclusion that the Scottish Premier League is "too easy" and that this is why the Swede hits a rediculously-high number of goals each season to gift Celtic the title. But, he does it at international level too. Perhaps not in the same quantities, but he's still as good a finisher as any other striker in the competition and he'll get as many goals as a van Nistelrooy - if not more - given the chance.

And I'm not basing all this on his performance the other night!

I am still very surprised to see so-few English Premier League sides bidding for his services, given that he's available FOR FREE...
Wed 16/06/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think Larsson's goal was better though. Not to take anything away from Van Nistelrooy.
Wed 16/06/04 at 12:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Best striker in the world :-D Absolutely brilliant take of the goal.
Wed 16/06/04 at 10:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Quality goal indeed.
Wed 16/06/04 at 02:35
Regular
Ruud's goal was in the same class as Van Basten.
Wed 16/06/04 at 01:29
Regular
cRaCkHeAd wrote:
> Chez are a good team, They have some of the best player in europe

What?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.