GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Live - Am I Ready?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/02/05 at 10:47
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
I'm getting my Broadband account switched on next week, and should be getting my Xbox online by the following weekend,

My question is, what do I actually need to get the XBox online (apart from the obvious Broadband connection and required cables, that is!)

I've got several online games, I've also got the headset that came with Rainbow Six 3, what else do I need? Obviously a subscription to Xbox Live, but is that all? Will the headset with Rainbow Six 3 work?

Do I actually need to buy a "starter kit", or have I only got to buy a subscription (once the 3-month trial that came with halo runs out, that is!)

Suggestions, help?
Fri 25/02/05 at 10:47
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
I'm getting my Broadband account switched on next week, and should be getting my Xbox online by the following weekend,

My question is, what do I actually need to get the XBox online (apart from the obvious Broadband connection and required cables, that is!)

I've got several online games, I've also got the headset that came with Rainbow Six 3, what else do I need? Obviously a subscription to Xbox Live, but is that all? Will the headset with Rainbow Six 3 work?

Do I actually need to buy a "starter kit", or have I only got to buy a subscription (once the 3-month trial that came with halo runs out, that is!)

Suggestions, help?
Fri 25/02/05 at 10:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
An Xbox?
Fri 25/02/05 at 10:50
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
monkey_man wrote:
> An Xbox?

Ha-bloody-ha.
Fri 25/02/05 at 11:10
Regular
": ("
You can use the 3 Months Trial, then buy a starter kit when the 3 Months are about to run out.

Thats all you need really. You don't have to buy the Starter Kit for 3 months if you don't want to so all you need to do it wait for your Broadband to get set up.

And yes, you can use the Headset for Rain bow Six 3 to speak to people online and order commands when playing Single Player.

If you're into Racing games make sure you get Project Gotham Racing 2, it's quite cheap nowdays and is the best Racing game out at the moment.

Oh and you need an Ethernet Cable to connect to play Live, I think you already know that but...nevermind.
Fri 25/02/05 at 11:28
Regular
Just another reason why Biggles' Live FAQ needs to be sticky...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.